Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2007, 10:14 AM

Did Anyone Watch Gmtv Today - Newfie Rescue

Hi, just wondered if anyone watched Whizz the newfoundland showing his proud skills at doing water rescues.

It was live on gmtv this morning at 6.46am and 8.45am.

Just wanted to say that this is the water rescue group i train with and yesterday we had the crew of gmtv people with us training. It was all interesting and my kids loved helping the sound man by holding his boom most of the afternoon.

We also did a training weekend at swansea last week, took our tents and caravans, and imposed 10 newfoundlands onto swansea's beach. We had a freelance photographer taking pictures whilst we were training the dogs. And "claim to fame" moment on wednesday as our group training pictures where in:

The Express, The Metro, The Sun, The Telegraph and The independent.

If you look hard in the Independent, you can just spot my head sat in the boat.

Did anyone see the pictures, i am trying hard to get copies of these newspapers from wednesday only. So if anyone has any copies please let me know.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-08-2007, 10:57 AM
I missed it unfortunately saw a clip of him though.There was also one on the Battersea live programme a few weeks back called Bilbo he is a lifesaver on a beach in cornwall.
I love to see them do the job they were bred for they look so happy doing it.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2007, 01:11 PM
I saw the trailer but had to leave for work before it came on, he looked amazing jumping off the boat though on the clip I saw

How wonderful it was the group you work with! Brilliant, no wonder you enjoy it, it looked great and such a worthy cause too.
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2007, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I missed it unfortunately saw a clip of him though.There was also one on the Battersea live programme a few weeks back called Bilbo he is a lifesaver on a beach in cornwall.
I love to see them do the job they were bred for they look so happy doing it.
Oh it is a shame you missed it, i thought it was good although i am a little biased.

Bilbo the newf was at crufts this year, he is a beautiful brown dog and i think has become quite a celebrity on the cornish beach.
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2007, 04:09 PM
I was still in bed the first time it was on and my mother was on the phone the second time it was on, the TV was on mute, so I saw the pics but no sound, it looked really good though
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2007, 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by shiba View Post

Did anyone see the pictures, i am trying hard to get copies of these newspapers from wednesday only. So if anyone has any copies please let me know.
I saw a copy in the Daily Mail (thinks it's the same thing you're talking about), but didn't keep the paper as I was on a plane at the time.

I think I've managed to post the link to the online article though
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2007, 04:18 PM
Was this him?

shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2007, 06:04 PM
THATS HIM
ISN'T HE JUST A STUNNER!!!

My kids get "saved" by whiz most weekends. We all practice in a lake in the cotswolds every sunday. We spend all day jumping from the boat you see in the pictures and the experienced dogs (incl. whiz) jumps in and do the rescues.

Its absolutely brilliant and one of the best things i have done. Jess my newfie is being trained up, at the moment she can jump from the boat but we havent even started the rescue training yet, it is more about her being confident with the boat and the jumping.

Hopefully in a year she will be part of the displays if we can get her trained that quickly..

We do displays and regatta's around the south country showing people what the dogs are capable of. Whiz is always a star because he is just so good and SSSSOOOOO BIG.

Also all the money raised from these displays goes to a local childrens hospice.

Thanks for the pictures everyone.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2007, 06:38 PM
He is absolutely gorgeous! I would love a Newfie.

My OH sent the picture to me last week from the BBC News site. This page should have a video of Newfoundlands saving ...

http://search.bbc.co.uk/cgi-bin/sear...q=newfoundland
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2007, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
He is absolutely gorgeous! I would love a Newfie.

My OH sent the picture to me last week from the BBC News site. This page should have a video of Newfoundlands saving ...

http://search.bbc.co.uk/cgi-bin/sear...q=newfoundland
Thanks that was interesting, i couldn't get any sound though which was a bit of a shame i would have loved to have known what she was saying
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >