View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2007, 07:26 PM
Have spent all week grouse counting and have got more to do this weekend. The weather has been gorgeous and I'm sure I've caught the sun!

I was going to ask you on the other thread what sort of partridge. He really does sound like a star.

Helen
john100
Dogsey Senior
Male 

22-07-2007, 07:10 AM
Hi Helen. Ok so i'm a bit of a retard and only just found this section. I get there eventually. Hope you dont suffer from heyfever, i understand heather gives off the most amount of pollen. I'm suffering from heyfever for the first time this year, and its a pain. Are you involved in the 'Heather Trust' at all. I'm not sure what moorlands are involved, but it was something i read about last night
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2007, 07:21 AM
Hi John,

We're actually doing the brood counts at the moment.

Luckily, I don't suffer from hayfever but my husband Rob does, but only with heather pollen! He isn't too bad though and we usually have finished the hard stuff before the heater blooms.

No, we're not involved with the Heather Trust. I think it's a nationwide thing. I haven't really heard much about them, I just know they exist.

Helen
john100
Dogsey Senior
Male 

22-07-2007, 07:37 AM
Open access???????. Has it caused you any problems. I don't agree with it, but there you go, just more stupid legislation. Did you know that the MP that started the ball rolling over 'tail docking' doesn't even own a dog The stupid thing is to my mind, if its so cruel to dock tails, why is Uncle tom Cobley and all still allowed to take off dew claws, perhaps thats the next thing
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2007, 11:36 AM
We haven't had any problems with open access as it's not a particularly touristy area. There are bits where walkers do go but nowhere near where we count.

Helen
john100
Dogsey Senior
Male 

23-07-2007, 03:51 PM
hey why aren't you out counting lol, i guess by the time of your post you were home for dinner
john100
Dogsey Senior
Male 

23-07-2007, 03:52 PM
we had an excellent spring so the numbers must be up?????????
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2007, 06:39 PM
lol, I was out this afternoon - although not counting, just taking my young gwp out for a spot of training.

I just count the birds, my boss does the reasoning lol!

Helen
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2