Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2008, 04:50 PM

Agility in the garden

..... sorry no pics but will get some when oh comes home

Managed to get a tunnel and makeshift "hoop" pretty impressive "A" Frame, and a couple of jumps. Have used masking tape for contact points to teach "touch"

Both boys were really good on all the equipment, and are now sleeping off their energetic afternoon

Anyone else set up in their garden ? It's really good fun
jackpat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2008, 04:56 PM
Oh I'm so jealous. My garden is on a 45 degree slope so cant set up in the garden. I would so love to. I have 2 jumps and a tunnel and we practice with those on the patio ( on very low) .
I want some weaves too but can only get the expensive ones that have to be freestanding.

Love to see your pics
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2008, 04:58 PM
Yes, we do - hubby whose hobby is woodturning made a seesaw and some jumps. ( wood and plastic) We use garden bamboo cane for weave sticks, and we bought a tunnel off ebay. Flexible plastic and some cable ties made our first hoop.
Missy loves it - especially the jumps!
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2008, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by jackpat View Post
Oh I'm so jealous. My garden is on a 45 degree slope so cant set up in the garden. I would so love to. I have 2 jumps and a tunnel and we practice with those on the patio ( on very low) .
I want some weaves too but can only get the expensive ones that have to be freestanding.

Love to see your pics
I have been reading your agility posts with interest We haven't got weaves yet, but hope too at some stage.

It really is fun, plus I am hoping to loose some waiting running around with them
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2008, 04:59 PM
I have the garden for it, but not the dog! If only I had thought of that when I had an athletic, intelligent dog like my old Cassie. Poor old Georgie would just lie on the grass rolling about watching me doing all the energetic stuff! Never mind, at least he's always up for cuddles! That's a brill Idea of yours there Tracy, I hope they enjoy it xxx
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2008, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
Yes, we do - hubby whose hobby is woodturning made a seesaw and some jumps. ( wood and plastic) We use garden bamboo cane for weave sticks, and we bought a tunnel off ebay. Flexible plastic and some cable ties made our first hoop.
Missy loves it - especially the jumps!
Aww seesaw, what a very handy oh you have, may have to tap mine up
Well done Missy x
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2008, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I have the garden for it, but not the dog! If only I had thought of that when I had an athletic, intelligent dog like my old Cassie. Poor old Georgie would just lie on the grass rolling about watching me doing all the energetic stuff! Never mind, at least he's always up for cuddles! That's a brill Idea of yours there Tracy, I hope they enjoy it xxx
You will have to come and watch "H", whilst I am running around with them you can sip a pimms
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2008, 05:03 PM
Now you're talking!!!! xxxx
Gina&Jaz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-04-2008, 05:14 PM
I've got a flat tunnel from PAH, 3 jumps and 12 weaves. I really want a see-saw as that's what I know Jaz needs practice on but the cheapest I can find one for is £80.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2008, 08:24 PM
I got free standing plastic weaves on ebay for £20 - royal canin were giving them away with food so people are selling them.
we have a big park out the front and a few people in the street do agility so we have loads of jumps weaves and tunnels -if it would only stop raining then we will have a pretty good club up and running
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >