Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2007, 07:32 PM

Really miffed - can't afford T's spay

Takara's due in season soon (the next couple of months) and I wanted to get her spayed asap so she didn't have to go through another one (she has phantoms and gets aggressive).

I've just found out I'm not eligible for help from pdsa and can't afford to have her done because my employer has gone on maternity leave without telling anyone else how to do wages!!

I don't get much but it would've been just enough to get her done

I don't know when I'll be paid and time's running out before her next season... I'm so annoyed at myself for spending that student loan!
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2007, 07:53 PM
Ignore me

I managed to pluck up the courage to tell my mum I couldn't afford it and got a much better response than I originally thought - she's going to get it on her credit card and get me to pay her back when I can.

I'm so damned lucky my parents are so understanding.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2007, 08:02 PM
Thanks for letting us know hon - parents are fab eh?
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2007, 08:12 PM
So pleased to see your two posts together and that you are sorted, I was about to start frantically searching for a reduced fee or free neuter scheme for you, phew

[ For general reader info, Dogs Trust do have dedicated schemes in certain areas, and some other areas they do free or reduced fee neuter in conjunction with rescues and vet practises under certain circumstances to help when they can ].
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2007, 08:14 PM
Thanks guys,

Dogs Trust do free neutering of staffs and rotties in Sheffield and surrounding areas... wonder if I could dress T up as a rottie?
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

05-06-2007, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by Lottie View Post
Thanks guys,

Dogs Trust do free neutering of staffs and rotties in Sheffield and surrounding areas... wonder if I could dress T up as a rottie?

Well Lottie you could try but you would need to knock the spots of her first. and apply a dye and then some reddish streaks or some paint Lol, don't think it would be worth the hassle and that is just to look like a rottie . You would need to shrink her in size to pass for a staffie. So it is really Good old mum and her little bit of plastic. Aren't Mum's the greatest,