Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-10-2013, 12:05 PM

Advice about choosing a harness.

I need to buy new harnesses for Chloe (Tibbie) and Georgina (Shar-Pei) and if possible would like to buy the same brand of harness for them both.

At present Georgina who is only 13 weeks old is wearing a Lupi Harness which was worn by M'boi my previous SP when she was a puppy, but I want to change it asap before the cords start to chafe under her front legs.

For the past 3 years Chloe has been wearing a Company of Animals nopull harness which she likes but I'm not so keen on because it's very easy for her to escape from, (especially now with Georgina giving her a helping hand)!

As there's not much choice over here I've been looking online and the one that seems to fit the bill for both dogs is the Ezydog chestplate harness which I like because it has the chestplate which fits from just below the neck to underneath the tummy and it has straps instead of cords .... partiularly important with Shar-Pei who have loose, wrinkly coats.

Has anyone bought one for their dog and if so what do you think of it? Or has anyone any better suggestions ... I'm open to ideas?

Thanks in advance

Barbara
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-10-2013, 12:19 PM
After growing out of numerous harnesses I eventually used EzyDog QuickFit, But they were not suitable for day weear-lonar so I hNFWSR[[[[[[[[

Edit again sorry just get shrudlu
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2013, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
After growing out of numerous harnesses I eventually used EzyDog QuickFit, But they were not suitable for day weear-lonar so I hNFWSR[[[[[[[[

You okay, Malka??

I'm going to recommend the fleece lined harnesses that my little ones have - they seem very comfy and are easy to put on, come in lots of different colours and sizes and haven't rubbed mine!
Dog Games, Cosydog eDog and SnugglePets all seem pretty similar in the design

Rory is part ferret, part butter so can escape out of nearly anything if he wants to, so I've got him a houdini ultra harness from indi-dog... just waiting for it to arrive
Its similar to the fleece harnesses above, but with an extra strap around the waist
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2013, 10:31 PM
We have the ezydog chest plate harnesses for the Boxers & they're fab. Really comfy for the dogs
TracyKNixon
New Member!
Female 

04-10-2013, 03:10 AM
My brother uses a ezydog chest plate harnesses on his boxer and thinks it is great!
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-10-2013, 03:50 PM
I had an ezydog quickfit harness but it didn't really fit properly (ella's chest is too wide compared to the rest of her body) so I got her a snugglepets one and it's amazing! It's super soft (all straps are covered in fleece) and easy to put on and take off. They also have a front ring to clip a name tag on
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-10-2013, 01:58 PM
Thanks everyone for the imput. It was really helpful as I was beginning to get confused.

I've more or less decided on the eDog Fleece harness (I like the colours). The problem with some of the others wasn't that the harnesses weren't suitable but the companies won't accept Maestro card????? I emailed eDog with a couple of queries and they were SO HELPFUL and replied promptly so they'll be getting the business.

All I have to do now is to persuade my two monsters to stand still long enough so I can measure them!