View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Carolee
New Member!
Female 

06-04-2006, 06:37 PM
No, you do not meet the actual carers. I was fortunate that the lady that looked after mine had been in their monthly newsletter which people registered receive. When I was first introduced to Barking Mad it was on reccomendation of other local dog walkers who had used or knew of people who had used them. All dogs came back well and happy and always went quite happily when picked up. One couple I know go away twice a year and are convinced that their Spaniel looks forward to going. I believe the whole vetting process as a host family is very thorough. The registration for your own dog is very thorough, with many, many questions. Debra the lady who came to my home when I registered was with me for nearly one and a half hours. They have to be thorough so as to match your dog with a suitable host family.
Last year however I needed to go away for three days and I tried to book two months in advance but they were booked up, no omne suitable for my crazy dogs.
Barking Mad is popular in our area.
I could not bear to put mine in the kennels and this at the time was our best option, which we did not regret. I would use them again, no problem.
I agree that it is by word of mouth, I had never heard of them but as soon as I started talking to fellow dogwalkers it is surprising how much information you can find out. Best advice is to go by reccomendations of fellow dog walkers.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2