Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2005, 11:01 AM

Am I being sensitive?

Have been thinking this morning about all the fur babies that need rehoming across the country and I've gotten myself into a bit of a state about the reasons people rehome their dogs. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of people on Dogweb who are either in the process of rehoming or have recently rehomed beloved pets due to extremely unfortunate and sad circumstances. It must be heartbreaking and I can't imaging having to do this but what I can't understand are the people who seem to 'tire' of their pets and put them up for rehoming at the drop of a hat.
Please do not think this post is 'having a go' at anyone here, it's not. I guess I'm just looking for an insight into rescue/rehoming centres and what you all go through.
Those of you who do this kind of work have my complete admiration and I really don't know how you deal with it on a daily basis. Must break your hearts. I certainly couldn't do it!
Rant over, thanks for listening. xx
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-11-2005, 11:04 AM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond
Those of you who do this kind of work have my complete admiration and I really don't know how you deal with it on a daily basis. Must break your hearts. I certainly couldn't do it!
Rant over, thanks for listening. xx
me to not a job for me and admire those who do it well said
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2005, 11:11 AM
Me neither - I was nearly crying last time I visited the Manchester dogs home. Its terrible so see all those poor dogs (sometimes about 7 or 8 in the same pen - and some getting bullied ) Saying that though Manchester dogs home is not really a nice place to go - they have a large crematorium right next door so I can guess where a lot of the dogs that go there end up I couldn't work anywhere where there are unhappy animals I would be very very depressed I really admire the ones that do this - they are wonderful people
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2005, 11:14 AM
Glad it's not just me. Too soft really. Couldn't work at a vets either!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2005, 11:17 AM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond
Glad it's not just me. Too soft really. Couldn't work at a vets either!

Ooh no neither could I - I was nearly crying when we went with Benji and I saw them carrying out a dog that looked as if it was dead - I was more upset than the owner who was laughing with the receptionist.

I couldn't even work in a petshop because if someone came in that didn't look fit to own an animal I wouldn't sell them a pet
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2005, 11:18 AM
Me too Foxy! Think you and I are the same
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2005, 11:25 AM
There is a garden centre about 3 miles away from us and they sell rabbits, guinea pigs, gerbils, hamsters and different kinds of birds. They used to have a special room for the birds (because they are very dusty and very noisy when they are all tweeting together - you can also feel the bird dust getting into your lungs as soon as you enter the room) Well the rabbits and other furries used to be in another section of the garden centre but now the owner has decided to put all his fish products on display there and has put all the furries in the room with the birds This really upsets me because it must be hell for those furries having to live with the smell of the birds and the noise must be very stressful for them to put up with all day long Obviously the owner thinks more of his profit than he does of the poor animals feelings, it just makes me sooooo mad
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2005, 11:26 AM
i would love to do that job but i know i would be in tears every day and eventually hate mankind for the torture they put animals through.....
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2005, 11:30 AM
Awww....Foxy, what a nightmare that must be! Hate to hear things like that! Don't think I could control myself
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2005, 11:35 AM
got a neighbour who will buy a puppy keep it while its cute,then once its grown up a bit,get rid of it,and buy a another puppy.makes me fume ben wasnt easy wheen he was a youngster,but id would never get rid of him.although if he carries on ill give him to the local indian takeaway (only kidding)
hes a member of the family.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >