Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2005, 05:47 PM

tt touch

hi,i just wondered if anybody had used tt touch on their dogs and what results they gained from it.i have recently bought some books on the subject and would like to know what people have used it for.thanks kelly
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2005, 06:19 PM
Hi griff, only ever used it on the horse years ago, but it certainly worked for calming him down if that's any help?
SarahJ
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-05-2005, 06:29 PM
I would be really interested in how you get on! I think its a great thing to do with your dog, i have followed the rubbing of the gum to ease aggression, can't say it works but she throughly enjoys it.
Could you let me know what books you have?
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-05-2005, 09:12 PM
I have never used it but have heard of people who have ..with some sucess. There are also a number of logical reason I can think of why it should work.
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

26-05-2005, 09:16 PM
I would be interested to hear what people have to say about it because I have thought about using it - just don't know that much - when my dogs are very stressed I rub the tip of the ear and it instantly calms them down
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-05-2005, 09:29 PM
Maybe I should say why I think it works...or one reason the same reason it works on humans . This quotation is taken from a journal on massage, I did some research into pain relief some years ago and massage is one technique used.

Endorphins
Firstly, massage produces relaxation and diminishes arousal and this alone may achieve pain modulation. Secondly, as exercise increases the amount of circulating endorphins, it is likely that massage would produce an increase in them too. Thirdly, massage would stimulate touch and pressure receptors which transmit impulses along fast conducting A fibres. Stimulation of these may help to 'close the gate'. Fourthly, massage improves the circulation and thus may help to remove the substances that sensitise nociceptors from the affected area. Finally, it may allow patients to focus on something other than the pain and thus act as a distraction. This article first appeared in 'Massage & Health Review',

Emm I think this applies to you when rubbing the dogs ears ...
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2005, 09:44 PM
i have ordered a linda tellington jones book called getting in touch with your dog.i also ordered dogs misbehavin by gael mariani(sp)all about flower remedies and i also ordered understanding and handling dog agression by babara sykes.only cost £21 for the three and got free delivery off amazon
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

26-05-2005, 11:32 PM
thats interesting Mini - I think I will look into getting the book
ALexa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-05-2005, 11:05 AM
I went on a TT workshop a few months ago out of curiosity. It was fascinating, Kia was so relaxed and happy by the end of the day it was amazing. I would reccomend it even if you just use it as a way of spending quality time with your dog and bonding with them.
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2005, 01:39 PM
I use the basics on Jas and Tam and they both end up falling asleep whilst I'm massaging them lol

It really does work and my next goal is to actually go on one of the TTouch courses
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >