Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 06:59 PM

Suspicious incident

Took my three (Felix, Indy & Harry) down to the beach this evening and got stopped by a woman and her husband(?) wanting to fuss the dogs, all was going fine and then they started asking alot of questions about them... not just the standard 'whats there names?' 'how old are they?' but questions such as 'where are they from?' 'are they microchipped?' 'do you live round here?' 'do they live in or out?'. It was question after question and was making me feel uncomfortable so I moved a bit further down and took there leads off at which point they started calling the dogs by name (who all blissfully ignored them), I asked them what they thought they were doing and they said 'we just wanted to fuss them', then the woman asked if i'd call Indy over so she could see her collar. I sent the dogs off on a 'round' command where they speed round in a circle wide around me and hightailed it back to the carpark but didnt feel quite safe til they were locked back in the car. Just didn't feel right

Do you think I was just being suspicious? after ziggie nearly being stolen that time it is something that I worry about...
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 07:00 PM
Hugs Kicks..better safe than sorry is what I always think.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 07:03 PM
Agree, when people start asking odd questions over and above what you usually expect then better off out of there!
Becky
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 07:05 PM
thanks guys, just didnt feel right somehow but was wondering if I was being paranoid Harry didn't like them though and he's normally either interested or ignorant with people!
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 07:05 PM
Very odd.....not normal behaviour. I would have walked away as well.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 07:07 PM
Does sound weird to me too.
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 07:08 PM
thanks hun, good to know i'm not alone x
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 07:10 PM
Very strange!
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 07:16 PM
Hi,

Well done. I'd have done the same too. Although I'm not as tactful as some people and would probably have given the couple a load of verbal abuse.

You're not being paranoid. You were looking out for your furries as you would any other offspring and quite rightly so.

If you see them again I'd steer well clear. After all, what if they spot you and call your dogs over? Out of courtesy people should ask if it's OK to fuss someone else's dogs so to jsut call them like that is well out of order.

There's nowt strange as folk, eh?!

Laura xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 07:20 PM
I'd have legged it with my dogs and I wouldn't be going back there for a while either! Very suspiscious, don't like that at all, especially with all that's going on with dogknapping at the moment, it's getting rife down my way
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >