View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-12-2015, 01:09 PM
Must admit brenda I have never had a problem before he is raw fed and gets raw wings and ribs for tea and usually his poops are nice and firm and he has never worried round his bottom or constant licking or gnawing of paws before. I checked more thoroughly than I have done due to the worrying round his bottom yesterday.
I hadn't noticed a smell coming from him and he hadn't been scooting along the floor. Maybe they started to become uncomfortable late Saturday early sunday that's when this all started and I got it before it escalated.
Will be adding some roughage to his diet alongside the bone.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-12-2015, 01:40 PM
Afternoon all
Hope all are well
All behind today need to have a read through the daily
Dentist this morning
Take care stay safe all xxxxx
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2015, 02:23 PM
Afternoon all,
Will watch the clips in a mo, Brenda, I love Downton Abbey
TW glad that Alun is busy doing your bathroom, hopefully you'll get to the lunch with your friend on Thursday TW
Hopefully Dillon is ok now Lynn
Hope the dentist went ok Norma, not my favourite place
I'm at work at 4 till 8.30,
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-12-2015, 02:38 PM
Lynn, I grate butternut squash up with the girls veg and also put the seeds in as they keep the anal glands empty, but like you I would have thought being raw fed with bones and chicken wings would have kept the glands working. Trouble with getting the vet to empty them is that then they seem to need doing again more frequently. In fact I never even knew dogs needed their anal glands emptying until I took in a stray who was scooting along and the vet said it was the anal glands!!! Mine have never needed any attention in that department. There is something else that I can't think of the name now but its to do with a build up of poo inside the bowel, so may be worth checking that one out as well.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-12-2015, 03:02 PM
Afternoon Mandy and Norma.

Never something I would have thought I would of had a problem with June.
I decided not to go to the vet in the end they have said sounds like his anal glands if not full were beginning to cause a problem. They agreed no need to go in if he was comfortable and stopped worrying his paw. Watch him and pop him in if at all worried. Will get some butternut squash tomorrow thanks for that and some carrot thats a great poop hardener too.
He has just had a little nibble round it but is now flat on his side like a horse first time in a couple of days he has laid relaxed like that.
Fingers crossed I have solved the problem will watch him closely now I know the signs.
Got our Christmas cake in the oven instead of going to the vet.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2015, 03:11 PM
I have to watch Amber every so often if her anal glands play up. She has been a lot better on her fresh frozen chicken portions. Steve got his wheels all sorted today so now he has four new tyres all round and a healthy spare. He reckons his tyres are worth more than his van. Lol. I hope he will stick with it until it really needs something serious doing to it and then I guess I may have to help him financially. We shall see. No house keeping this week but I did suggest he might want to keep it towards other costs so we shall see. Have a good afternoon all. Must get Amber out in a bit.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2015, 03:24 PM
I used sanicula aqua for anal gland problems for one of my old collies. It worked very well. Hope is better now.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-12-2015, 04:05 PM
I will take a look at that brenda. Hoping it isn't going to be a regular occurrence though.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2015, 04:17 PM
Sanicula here too...Brenda, is it one tablet a day until the glands empty?that's what I do
Lynn, hope he is now sorted
TW..I didn't know about the squash....my 2love it
Norma, hope you are o.k after the dentist
Hi Mandy
Hi moyra
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-12-2015, 04:19 PM
Well....the bathroom flooring is now going down, should have been a quick in and out job, but at last it is being fitted.
That is definitely that, start saving up in the New Year for the rest of the jobs.
Even better news, the skip has finally gone after 3 months, I did write my weekly email of complaint about it yesterday, and asked if maybe we should pop lights and tinsel on it for the Christmas period, wonder if it spurred someone into action, who knows
Pleased to hear Dillon is doing OK now Lynn, and you were spared the vets bill
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >