View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
littlelab
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-03-2009, 09:10 PM

Food and Tara's constant weeing - is there a connection I wonder?

Hmm, now I am not counting my chickens at this stage..BUT

1. I have a LESS hyper active puppy tonight
and
2. She has slept and not pee'd half as much as she has been.

SO its either the food I now have her on OR the infection is finally abaiting.

I have started her on WAGG Chicken and Veg (picked it up today) completely by accident as my normal food was out of stock (Dr John's) and I mixed it with her Burns High Energy food.

It could be a complete coincidence BUT I am hoping I have solved the riddle.

Fingers crossed.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2009, 07:22 PM
I don't think you would see quite so obvious changes within a day or so. It usually takes a couple of weeks for the full effects of a food to show...good and bad.

I have to say though that many dogs have problems with Burns. IMO the guy who originally made that food has his priorities all messed up. He actually advocates feeding a diet high in cereal content and low in fat and protein, which is the exact opposite of what a carnivorous animal actually needs.
littlelab
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-03-2009, 10:16 AM
We are on a roll, another dry night!! AND she stayed dry until 8am!! I am gobsamcked, all the money we have spent on antibiotics and tests and although i know she has a mystery substance in her intestines, her weeing is under control, could it be down to Yoghurt, Honey and a change of food?
littlelab
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-03-2009, 10:17 AM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
I don't think you would see quite so obvious changes within a day or so. It usually takes a couple of weeks for the full effects of a food to show...good and bad.

I have to say though that many dogs have problems with Burns. IMO the guy who originally made that food has his priorities all messed up. He actually advocates feeding a diet high in cereal content and low in fat and protein, which is the exact opposite of what a carnivorous animal actually needs.
Actually this Burns is High in Protein at 24% and High Fat as it was designed for under weight dogs, but I have a feeling that the High Protein was causing some of the problems with the Hyperactivity and also the protein in her urine, maybe her kidneys were having a problem processing it all.

Thanks for your reply x
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 11:26 AM
having been around IWH's {though Im no expert} I know how hard it is to feed them, they need so much from there food without over packing them,

I know the dogs I have had contact with got honey and yoghurt daily, while they were growning,

its kinda classed as a meal, without bagging them up is that right?
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-03-2009, 02:11 PM
Hi Natalie have you though of giving Tara a course of Probiotics to see if it helps. Some are better than others, this is the one I get from my vet and give over a 5 day period after infections ..

http://www.vetuk.co.uk/index.php?mai...roducts_id=390

..and here is some info about them..
http://www.denes.co.uk/advice/fact_sheets/probiotic.php

Honey is good but if it is given over a long period it can affect the teeth (as with any sugary substance)
littlelab
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-03-2009, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Hi Natalie have you though of giving Tara a course of Probiotics to see if it helps. Some are better than others, this is the one I get from my vet and give over a 5 day period after infections ..

http://www.vetuk.co.uk/index.php?mai...roducts_id=390

..and here is some info about them..
http://www.denes.co.uk/advice/fact_sheets/probiotic.php

Honey is good but if it is given over a long period it can affect the teeth (as with any sugary substance)
Thanks for that x
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 09:53 PM
Tbh after just two days with a change of food I would be more inclined to think that the Abs have taken hold and your dogs body has at last taken control of the infection and she should now improve.