Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2008, 09:57 AM

New puppy blues........

I didn't think I would feel like this at all, I really wanted Deacon and still do... and after reading another thread I know I am not alone. I just feel so down at the moment about Deacon... I keep giving myself mental shakes, but at 4am this morning I was in tears.....
Last night Jamie flipped and let Deacon have it both barrels, so I seperated them... then Deacon showed off and wanted to be with his 'daddy'
Then he wouldn't go to sleep and I find myself comparing him to Jamie, who was a puppy angel, well most of the time!! I know I shouldn't... but I find myself doing it...
There is not one chance of me letting D go, I just wanted to get these 'blues' off my chest!!! Sorry!!
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2008, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by petticoat74 View Post
I didn't think I would feel like this at all, I really wanted Deacon and still do... and after reading another thread I know I am not alone. I just feel so down at the moment about Deacon... I keep giving myself mental shakes, but at 4am this morning I was in tears.....
Last night Jamie flipped and let Deacon have it both barrels, so I seperated them... then Deacon showed off and wanted to be with his 'daddy'
Then he wouldn't go to sleep and I find myself comparing him to Jamie, who was a puppy angel, well most of the time!! I know I shouldn't... but I find myself doing it...
There is not one chance of me letting D go, I just wanted to get these 'blues' off my chest!!! Sorry!!
I think you will find most of us have been there & got the T shirt at sometime. I'm lucky Wukee is being an angel puppy at the moment, but probably because of the way he was reared & Rjj who keeps him strictly in his place !
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2008, 10:03 AM
I think most of us have been there. I nearly took Wilson back, something I've never even considered before, because he whined constantly (still does lol!) but I wouldn't be without him now and I love him to bits. I think we forget how hard it can be, especially if we've had a reasonably easy ride with our other dogs!
Becky
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2008, 10:04 AM
big hugs.
You know what it's inevitable you will have a few times you will feel this way.
Two dogs are harder than one especially in the early stages.
On top of that you are tired. you haven't slept because you are excited pup is coming then you don't sleep (or sit still) because the pup is here. Your whole life is turned upside down.
I think that phase has tended to last about 2/3 weeks with us as that's normally how long it takes for everyone to settle into their new relationships and normality. You won't feel like this throughout that time but at times you will.
I have felt that way with every puppy we have had, (strangely except Cosmo but I think that is because I didn't get the chance to feel that way as I was caught up in Christmas mayhem...)

Big hugs and don't worry. Your boys will settle with each other and you will get some sleep again one day soon and yes, your feelings are normal, doesn't mean you don't love the little fella though, we know you adore him!

Feel free to PM!
Axxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Nursey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-01-2008, 10:05 AM
Well now, speaking as someone who as you know also just got a new puppy in the last week. I can identify so much with what you're feeling. In my case though, I've had lots of puppies before, and I feel like this every time, so it's very very normal.

The fact is, puppies are very hard work to begin with, we're worn out with being ''on duty'' 24/7, but it will pass. In a few weeks time, when the new routine has been established, and the pups can go out for little toddles to break up the day, all this stress will seem a distant memory.

Chin up girl, life will be great in the spring and summer when you can get your boys out together and everyone you meet want's to tell you how beautiful they are.

PM me any time if you want to ''chat''.

Dawn R. and Rory.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2008, 10:12 AM
Thanks guys Knew I could rely on you and I will take you up on the offer of Pms!! D is only the 3rd pup I have had and Jamie was so easy!!!
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2008, 10:16 AM
I have had this with 2 of my 4 funny enough both the males (will have to look into that a bit more I think)

I remember sitting on my kitchen floor crying telling my OH that Kai would have to go, he was a whinny so and so and I got it into my head, that every naughty thing he did was to wind me up personally Trouble was like you Cookie was such a good Pup and he came as a big shock.

I used to feel guilty that I compared them so much, but it all came good in the end and now he is properly better behaved than Cookie.

Things will improve just takes a bit of time:smt058
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2008, 10:20 AM
i think its quite normal i have had to blues lately and wanted to give all mine back but i bred 3 of them so couldn;t

most of us feel the strain at some time or another
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2008, 10:20 AM
I felt the same with Zeita she was and still is a little horror lol, we were tired etc. Also you have the huge build up to the day of getting them that it all seems such anti climax when they are here. Now though we have our routine the boys are getting used to her cheeky nips lol and she has settled in so well. Its as if she has always been here

Things will look better when you get some sleep, also remember Jamie is top dog and is just showing the pup who is boss, Zak did the same and after a few tellings off Zeita still pesters him but they play well together on the whole

Mel x
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2008, 10:24 AM
You're not alone Petticoat,and you can always come on here to get things off your chest.There are a few of us in the same boat at the moment with new pups and much as we love them,they can drive us nuts at times

I've had a really hectic week which is all the more harder with me having M.E and a puppy around Diva also decided it was time for a 'norty puppy from hell week'
She even chewed my internet cable in half on Wednesday (I was upstairs for 5 mins lucky i had a spare)
She's been pulling all the washing off the airer everytime i turn around,nicking remotes,you name it she'll steal it this week and the vocallness you wouldn't believe

Alfie was a dream pup,quiet,inquisitive but not naughty and very calm,Daisy was older when we got her so i didn't go through 'puppy stage' with her but Diva is a completely different kettle of fish,She's bold,bright,pushy,determined and very cheeky,If she's doesn't like something you know about it She is awfully vocal I think alot of this has to do with her being a singleton too and Daisy is a real pushover and Diva knows it I guess no two pups are the same and it requires alot of patience,

You have the added stress of disturbed sleep too which always makes things seem worse ,Hang on in there hun,it will pass,You have all those wonderful times together to look forward to as well,
It makes me laugh how they have the ability to one minute drive usa crazy and the next they do something silly that makes your heart melt.........Puppies eh
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >