Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2010, 09:57 AM

Who knew meat could be so stressful?!

I took delivery of a months worth of meat today for the dogs, I sorted out who gets what and how much, managed to do a weeks worth of set meals then got completely frustrated as my maths skills are rubbish and I got confused! (not to mention the puppy crawling over everything and becka my collie falling asleep in the way next to the meat)
I ended up piling everything into the freezer and flouncing off to do myself 4 pieces of toast with marmalade
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2010, 10:06 AM
I can sympathise. I buy my meat & bones weekly & I'm quite good about portioning it out into meals & freezing it but then I just dump it in the garage freezer! This means that in the mornings I'm constantly sorting through freezer bags trying to decide what is mince, what is offal, what is veg & whether the bones are pork, lamb or beef. If only I could be bothered to label the damn bags!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2010, 10:13 AM
I dont use raw myself but .....

When we were growing up, my dad had been a butcher, so used to get the family meat from the abbatoir and used to chop it himself in the kitchen and put in the deep freeze.

He used to use white masking tape to seal the bags and just used abbreviations in pen on the tape so he could see at a glance what it was.

Just thought it may help
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-05-2010, 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by wilbar View Post
I can sympathise. I buy my meat & bones weekly & I'm quite good about portioning it out into meals & freezing it but then I just dump it in the garage freezer! This means that in the mornings I'm constantly sorting through freezer bags trying to decide what is mince, what is offal, what is veg & whether the bones are pork, lamb or beef. If only I could be bothered to label the damn bags!
Hi Wilbar you could used different coloured tie tags to differentiate between the meats or different coloured spots/strips on the bags. I do this with frozen fruit .