Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2012, 11:34 AM
I am glad you found her a great home..........sending hugs x
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2012, 01:10 PM
So glad this has had a happy ending for Misty and therefore for you. I was always very much a person who believed 'a dog is for life' but life isn't black and white is it? there are so many other factors and sometimes there is little choice and it's better for the dog as sad as it is. xxxxxx
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2012, 01:57 PM
So glad you were able to find her a good home, sorry it came to that though, I know how loved she is by you. Good luck with the house hunting too, I know how hard it is to rent with a large dog.
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2012, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Ah lots of hugs and cuddles from us all. Are they going to keep in touch and let you know how she is doing.
x
Yes, he has already rang me today. I am also going up on Thursday too see how she is settling in, the guys friend who helped him find Misty is a very long standing NI person who not only knows the breed inside out and has an NI but also owns a grooming parlour so she'll be a well pampered pooch if nothing else. They have invited me to take Angel along on Thursday and they will groom him whilst we're there as were meeting at the parlour.

Originally Posted by Heather and Zak View Post
I know you are going to miss her but it's great you have found a good home for her. ((hugs))
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
I'm glad that you have found Misty a good home. Thinking of you.x
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
I am glad you found her a great home..........sending hugs x
Thanks you guys.

I need them Lionhound, was a bit teary yesterday when she went and a bit teary again this afternoon after speaking to the guy as he says she is unsettled but hopefully a few days of devoted attention will change that.

Originally Posted by Northernsoulgirl View Post
So glad this has had a happy ending for Misty and therefore for you. I was always very much a person who believed 'a dog is for life' but life isn't black and white is it? there are so many other factors and sometimes there is little choice and it's better for the dog as sad as it is. xxxxxx
So very true. I was the same until recently, unfortunately we don't have crystals balls and can't tell what what the future holds, I wish we did / could.

Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
So glad you were able to find her a good home, sorry it came to that though, I know how loved she is by you. Good luck with the house hunting too, I know how hard it is to rent with a large dog.
Thanks, if my current experience is anything to go by then almost impossible! I think I must just have landed lucky the last couple of times as I had 3/4 then and no issues yet I'm now struggling to find anyone that will take even one. I'm also fed up of hearing the answer that he's 'too big' and how if he was a smaller dog there wouldn't be such an issue - because obviously all little dogs are saints!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-10-2012, 06:43 PM
I think for her sake I wouldn't see her for a while until she has bonded with her new people. I know you want to see her and know she is OK, but she is going to be totally confused if you turn up a few days after she is in her new home, she will think you are taking her 'home' and then when you don't, and you are going to be upset as well remember, it is just going to prolong the misery for you both even more.
I would leave it at least 6 months to be honest, that is speaking from my experience with 2 puppies that I took back, one came back after 2 weeks and went to his new people aged 10 months and the other one came back at 17 months and went to her new home aged 2 and a bit. I speak to their families regularly, one lives too far way for it to be practicable for me to see him, the other one I am hoping to see soon. They would have been totally confused if I had come to see them, I had got them stabilised and they had found their ring of confidence once more and they had a new life without me and they needed to bond with their new families without me getting in the way.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-10-2012, 06:45 PM
What area are you looking to rent in, I have some friends who have one of Cariad's daughters and they are very dog orientated and I know they have a terrace coming up for rent soon and I can't see dogs being a problem
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2012, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
What area are you looking to rent in, I have some friends who have one of Cariad's daughters and they are very dog orientated and I know they have a terrace coming up for rent soon and I can't see dogs being a problem
I'm looking in Stockport area - Marple / Offerton ideally as I don't want to have to pull my youngest out of nursery if it can be avoided.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-10-2012, 07:20 PM
Oh what a shame, it is near me, then again the drawback would BE living near me
I also have a friend in Davenport who knows people and she has 4 dogs herself, so will ask her on Tuesday when I see her.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2012, 07:22 PM
I am so sorry to hear you had to rehome Misty, but it is good news she has now found a new, loving home. I am sure it must have been a heartbreaking decision.

I tend to agree with Tawneywolf about seeing her so soon. I would leave it a few months, and by that time she should be completely settled in her new home and with her new owner and seeing you will be pleasant for her, but not confusing or distressing.

Hugs to you.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >