View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2008, 08:08 PM
Does anyone think it might be ok to give him/her some anti-h please?
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-08-2008, 08:12 PM
If the vet recommended it last year I would try it that is if you know the correct dosage. If not it might be worth phoning in the morning to get the amount worked out.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2008, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by Carole View Post
If the vet recommended it last year I would try it that is if you know the correct dosage. If not it might be worth phoning in the morning to get the amount worked out.
Thanks Carole. Yes, I do know the amount, so may give them both a dose in the morning.

Anything's got to be better than the constant itch - especially on Mya, as there's one spot she can't quite reach......

xx
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2008, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Thanks Carole. Yes, I do know the amount, so may give them both a dose in the morning.

Anything's got to be better than the constant itch - especially on Mya, as there's one spot she can't quite reach......

xx
Oh bless them both. I wake up in the middle of the night saying 'stop chewing' out of habit. Cassie knows what it means now and immediately stops. It's awful though and must be so uncomfortable for them. Hope the AH work xx
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2008, 08:37 PM
Poor things, it must driver them crazy, I would try the anti-h, hopefully it will give them welcome relief, you should try that cream that Jackie suggested aswell.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2008, 08:47 PM
Poor dogs. Hope they all feel better soon and do not suffer too much. Not much fun.

Sorry to hear Lennon got a fright at the vets, hope he's none the worse for it now!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2008, 06:04 AM
I'd prefer to be around just in case there's any reaction, so I've decided to give the first does on Saturday when I'm home. Here's hoping it does the trick. I'll keep you all posted, and thanks for your replies
x0x
wendyann
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-08-2008, 12:12 PM
Jodie, who is 4, has had this itching problem for the past 3 years, it starts in July and goes on till October. First year I gave her half Piriton morning and evening, it helped for a while, last year she had steroid injection which stopped itching for 6 weeks but made her so thirsty and we had to let her out at least twice in the night. This year I am back to Piriton again, feel so sorry for her, it must be so uncomfortable.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2008, 12:44 PM
I wouldn't worry about a reaction from Piritons Vicki! I asked my vet about this, because Georgie had so much going into him with ab's, a steroid jab, etc. etc. plus the worry ofhis enlarged liver a year ago, and the vet turned around and said "oh no, Piritons won't hurt him at all", so I don't think you've got any worries there. I didn't realise so many of our poor dogs are suffering with this itchiniess this time of year, but then again, I have it all year round, season's don't mean much to us, although I must say, it does seem to be worse at the moment. It was interesting for me what Carole said about the fungal spores flying around in the air too, so I've made a note of that (it would explain the mushrooms on my new lawn!!!). Good luck with Lennon and Mya and Roxy too if they're all scratching, but I feel sure you don't have to worry about a reaction with those Piritons.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3