View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sara1210
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2007, 10:51 PM
I wouldnt leave my kids anywhere if i had to leave them, BUT i agree with stormey some people are people plain nasty. At the end of the day, none of us know the real ins and outs of whats happened, so how can anyone judge them as parents?
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

IMHO, I don't think what these parents did was right, but, each to thier own as they would say. When my children were small, if I couldn't get a babysitter to look after them, then I didn't go out, simple as that. It's only now that the children are older that we actually go out child free, but that was my decision, each of us are different.

All I hope for in this, is that Maddie is found safe and well.
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

Of course it is Sal - but why risk your kids?
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2007, 10:52 PM
[QUOTE=Stormey;1000588]
Originally Posted by cc22peatree View Post

Oh the old you dont have kids excuse, I dont have kids but do have a lot of expeirience, more than a lot of parents in fact. This due to having more neices, nephews than I can remember most of which spend more time with me and there nanna than at home. While it may not be the same thing It puts me in a better postion than a lot of people, I also know while its not advised to leave them unattended its impossible to be with them 24/7.
Im sorry, but I dont see what this has to do with anything, Im not useing any excuse, no, you cant be with your kids 24/7, but does that mean it is ok for me to leave my boys asleep in there rooms while I go down the pub, no, it doesnt, thats great you have nieces and nefews, so do I, but that is not the point
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-05-2007, 10:57 PM
[QUOTE=cc22peatree;1000594]
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post

Im sorry, but I dont see what this has to do with anything, no, you cant be with your kids 24/7, but does that mean it is ok for me to leave my boys asleep in there rooms while I go down the pub, no, it doesnt, thats great you have nieces and nefews, so o I, but that is not the point
Leaving your kids, while you go to the pub is not comparible, she was left asleep while the parents were a few feet away, not a mile away not 1000 miles away, a few feet where she was checked on. you cant be with your kids 24/7 Howeve you said you would never leave them for a second. Also it is you who said when I have kids i will understand, I pointed out I did not have any but had a lot of expeirience, So if it has nothing to do with it why did you make a point of say I did not have kids???
Hewey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-05-2007, 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
I must admit I wondered why they did not get a babysitter, but like i said no one knows the full story yet.
Perhaps the risk of leaving them in the care of a complete stranger seemed greater to them at the time.
I don't think people should be beating up on these poor parents. People do let their guard down on holiday, it's human nature, like the parents that do not check the appearance of boilers etc in their accomodation.
Like someone said, one child was taken from a bathroom at home with the parent in another room, two young children very recently have died as a result of tangling themselves up in blind cords or something similar. Should parents, then, have their children completely in their sight 100% of the time due to these risks. These incidents are so very, very, rare. Far more children suffer at the hands of someone known to them in the home than ever do from strangers outside so I think it very unfair to judge these parents evaluation of the risk as innappropriate. I don't suppose it matters though, the distress that they must be going through would make other peoples opinion pale into insignificance.
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2007, 11:00 PM
[QUOTE=Stormey;1000596]
Originally Posted by cc22peatree View Post

Leaving your kids, while you go to the pub is not comparible, she was left asleep while the parents were a few feet away, not a mile away not 1000 miles away, a few feet where she was checked on. you cant be with your kids 24/7 Howeve you said you would never leave them for a second. Also it is you who said when I have kids i will understand, I pointed out I did not have any but had a lot of expeirience, So if it has nothing to do with it why did you make a point of say I did not have kids???
as when you have kids there is a bond that can not be described, and you may feel differently about everything in life, its a life changing experience
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-05-2007, 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by Hewey View Post
Perhaps the risk of leaving them in the care of a complete stranger seemed greater to them at the time.
I don't think people should be beating up on these poor parents. People do let their guard down on holiday, it's human nature, like the parents that do not check the appearance of boilers etc in their accomodation.
Like someone said, one child was taken from a bathroom at home with the parent in another room, two young children very recently have died as a result of tangling themselves up in blind cords or something similar. Should parents, then, have their children completely in their sight 100% of the time due to these risks. These incidents are so very, very, rare. Far more children suffer at the hands of someone known to them in the home than ever do from strangers outside so I think it very unfair to judge these parents evaluation of the risk as innappropriate. I don't suppose it matters though, the distress that they must be going through would make other peoples opinion pale into insignificance.
Its not often we agree but this is one of them times.
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-05-2007, 11:01 PM
My hubby has 40 odd nieces and nephews but nothing compares to actually having children of your own, thats the difference. You havent got to be responsible for them 24/7 have you, you give them back when you've had enough.
Hewey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-05-2007, 11:05 PM
Perhaps not having children might enable someone to view this a little more dispassionately, the actual level of risk, the element of hindsight etc rather than feeling it just as a gut reaction.:smt001
Page 6 of 18 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 > Last »