View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-12-2013, 10:45 AM
Afternoon all - a popping-in-and out day for me again. I actually managed to sleep until the alarm went then nearly froze getting up to get Da Booga's pills while she went out, then back to bed shivering but slept again until about 8.30am when she wanted out again. Threw sodden and/or muddy towels and sheets [that had been on the carpet and had been dumped on the floor in the shower] into the machine to wash, plugged in the electric carpet sweeper to charge, and went back to bed again for another couple of hours.

Washing is now in the dryer so will be ready for next time but the sheets and duvet covers on the couch and recliner will have to wait. Just dried on mud on those and do not look so bad.

Carpet swept but had to empty the carpet sweeper twice as it picked up tons of dried mud and also it is brilliant for picking up hairs - far better than any vacuum cleaner has ever done. Still needs another go over but I just do not have the energy or strength to do it again today. My little pull-along vac is only really useful for the stone floors and getting stuff from under things and no way could I cope with doing that while I am still feeling so bleugh.

I will probably go back to bed again once Da Booga has had her lunch - no idea what I am going to have as I only have salad stuff in the refrigerator but I have no appetite so will probably stick to just coffee again. Wish I could get pingable ready meals for times like this when I cannot cook.

Hope Moyra is feeling better and all other poorlies, and that you all have a good day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-12-2013, 11:02 AM
Morning Malka sorry you are still feeling so bleurgh.
Hope you feel better soon.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2013, 11:43 AM
Morning all...

Sorry to see still a few unwell Dogsey folk, Hope you soon feel better and can get warm there Malka xx

Enjoy the Christmas dinners, the shopping with no parking, a double bed under the bed just be careful moving that, aaaawwww Nativity plays, just love them hope there are no last min nerves, try not to get blown away with the wind in the woods....enjoy the sleeps, and just watch that packing there Tang, does Bella get sulky and mardy? Our old dog used to know when we were off on holiday and sulked as soon as she saw the suitcase. Back in the day when we had holidays

Didn't get much done over weekend, eversuffering husband has a bad back he hardly ever has anything wrong, I know he is feeling bad, cos he has taken pills

We managed to get Shayda for a walk round Baytree, the famous garden center is only couple miles away from me, did think about taking her to see Santa she was brilliant, will be taking her into town later today.

I WILL FINISH MY CHRISTMAS CARDS THIS AFTERNOON....

take care and will nip in later
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-12-2013, 12:03 PM
Afternoon Elaine. Shayda sounds like she is a good girl.
Good luck with those Christmas cards.

Most of the bed was under the bed Gorden had done it it was only the headboard I needed to shove under. Wanted to get the single wardrobe together and put some of the boxes of Michaels in there till he is home to sort them but cannot find the screws so will text Gorden to see if he can remember where he put them. I might then be able to make it look more like a bedroom than a dumping room.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2013, 12:20 PM
So warm and sunny here now that I had to rip my jumper off and remove my boots while out on the verandah sorting my 'summer holiday stuff' chest. You could happily lie out there in it. I am tempted but as I've made a start on the packing and am finding stuff I can give away to others or the charity shop as I go along I think I should continue. Anyway I probably wouldn't feel so much like doing it if the weather was mouldy and the rooms were cold!

GirlieBiker - yep! Bella knows! As Roger the (now miffed) dogsitter keeps telling me. He reckoned the reason she sat with him yesterday and wouldn't leave his side is coz she knows I'm going away again and thinks he will have her again.

Gawd. The thing is I don't want to rely on ANYONE else to have Bella every time I'm away. She will get used to going to them and become unused to going in Boarding which she has done at least twice a year since I've had her. I don't want that. (He wanted to know if he'd offended me!) I just assumed people would be too busy over Xmas to want to sit a dog. But you have to book the boarding for Xmas in about July they fill up quickly for Xmas. I wouldn't dream of letting them down or cancelling. They always make room for Bella and have, before now, taken her just for a day if something came up or for just one overnight (and usually don't charge me anything for those).

And it's ME that misses her more I am sure. As when she comes back she carries on as if nothing had been any different. She is more affectionate these days (inasmuch as she will deign to sit on the same sofa or bed as long as you don't drape any bits of you over her) but retains that independent streak I love in her. She is outside sunbathing now on her own. That is after she stopped barking like a loony at a helicopter that just circled! Patrolling the skies now as well as the flat and the surrounding streets she can see from the verandah!
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2013, 12:38 PM
Afternoon all.
Hope all poorly peeps are feeling better. I'm glad to see you're going to meet your friends Moyra
Hope you feel warmer by now Malka nothing worse than being freezing.
We went to the travel agent down the road this morning to book a trip to the Battlefields/ War graves for next June. It started off being discussed about 3 months ago for the Royal Artillery that OH belongs to. At first 25 peeps were interested then it went down to 15 - then 11 now it's just four of us I wasn't really interested in going with them but OH talked me round so now it's me & him & his mate Tommy & his foster daughter who is 18 has learning difficulties & is as mad as a box of frogs Should be fun (not)
I've promised I will call round & see an old uncle, he's 93, this afternoon. Still got all his. Marbles & does most of his own work but is as deaf as a post.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2013, 12:50 PM
Afternoon all

Oh how I love that little Bella of yours, so independent, and I can just imagine that "look" she gives you if you do ever dare to drop any part of your anatomy onto her whilst you're getting yourself all comfy on one of her favourite beds, I know she owns them all, and you're just tolerated rather than wanted up there Pat. Considering you had shepherds, I know she's small, but knowing her as I do now, she certainly has a lot of their traits doesn't she? Especially as she's now guarding the skies above for you Bless her little heart, I adore her, and I'm sure you're gonna miss her very much, even though she doesn't seem to miss you much when you go away does she (hmmmm, that tells me summat too!!!! ). I promise not to tell you about this horrid, dark, damp, dismal weather we've got here in the UK. I was only thinking back last night in bed to my childhood, and our Christmases were nearly always white weren't they, or at the least, cold and frosty! Rest assured, you won't be having any of that Pat, just this dark old drizzle, and maybe a bit of fog thrown in - I will shaddup now then

Moyra, so pleased to hear you're going to make it today, hope you enjoyed a good time with those friends and a good slap up christmas lunch.

Hi Elaine, oh no you won't!!! Not when you've got that adorable Shayda around to play with, not to mention those other gorgeous furbabies to cuddle up to

Well, I decided to paint that bathroom ceiling so it's a job out of the way and I can have the rest of the week to myself (here's hoping anyway). Blimey, what a performance that was Now bearing in mind this bathroom is only 8ft x 8ft and there's a loo just sitting there on a dodgy, damp bit of chipboard with no beam holding it up, then just the top of a vanity unit in the corner with a bit of wood holding it up one side and a bucket underneath, lots of man tools on the floor, bits of new flooring missing here and there, oh, and a towel rail for dire emergencies that I could grab a hold of if the ladder fell down one of the holes in the floor. I hasten to add, that this isn't the finished bathroom All was going pretty well, as I placed the laddy inbetween bits of this and that, making doubly sure each time before I stood on the top of it that it wasn't going to give way Then there was this final corner behind the loo, which I just couldn't get to, cos the loo was in the way for me to put my stepladder anywhere, soooooo, I decided to stand on top of the loo to reach it Bit of a mistake that was, the lid is all thin and floppy, plus the loo is wobbly as I leaned over and I've now broken the lid, but it could have been worse, it could have been my leg, or even worse, my neck! Zena layed in the hall watching my precarious activities with great interest, and I swear she was hoping.......I know her sense of humour ya see

Dave rang to ask if she was ok, to which I replied that she was Then he told me she didn't get up at all this morning during his hour in the dark getting ready and normally, she's up and following him about and lying with him in the lounge but he said this morning she didn't want to know, she stayed in her bed with me in my bedroom. Very strange, but she seems ok and has been as normal as normal can be with her all morning.

On our walk, we met up with a spaniel and her favourite choccy lab who promptly took her ball out of her mouth and ran off with it It took us aaaaages to get it back, she kept running off with it everytime any of us went near her. Poor Zena The lady said she wants Zena to chase her, but I said I have to keep her onlead cos this is our 3rd week or quiet walking with her damaged shoulder and it'd be sod's law that she'd chase her around and damage it again, so I didn't I kept her onlead whilst I tried to get close enough to the other dog to grab it. When we finally got it off her and gave it back to Zena, it came over and took a hold of the rope, so there were the pair of them playing tuggy with it and if Zena had let go of the ball itself in her gob, we'd still be there now, but thankfully, she kept a tight hold on it this time. It was funny to watch them, Zena adores this dog, and considering she's so very attached to her ball, she shows no malice whatsoever when another dog has it which I always find strange.

There is no weather report today for fear of retribution

Off for a spot of lunch, then a spot of JK, then a spot of catching up on my sleep and hoping I don't wake up with a cricked neck and aching arm after all that painting #

Catch you all later.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2013, 01:43 PM
Another miserable day here, off out in a little while to get some diesel for the van, do some shopping & then go to collect Roodee as Josie isn't feeling too good

I hate winter
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2013, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by Lynne View Post
Afternoon all.
Hope all poorly peeps are feeling better. I'm glad to see you're going to meet your friends Moyra
Hope you feel warmer by now Malka nothing worse than being freezing.
We went to the travel agent down the road this morning to book a trip to the Battlefields/ War graves for next June. It started off being discussed about 3 months ago for the Royal Artillery that OH belongs to. At first 25 peeps were interested then it went down to 15 - then 11 now it's just four of us I wasn't really interested in going with them but OH talked me round so now it's me & him & his mate Tommy & his foster daughter who is 18 has learning difficulties & is as mad as a box of frogs Should be fun (not)
I've promised I will call round & see an old uncle, he's 93, this afternoon. Still got all his. Marbles & does most of his own work but is as deaf as a post.
I see a lot more worth and value in you visiting your ancient uncle while he is living than I do in visiting any graves.

Not my kind of holiday at all. I never stopped berating my ex for insisting on stopping to see a concentration camp in Germany on our way back from holiday one year. Had my daughter with me aged about 6 - three weeks before that she'd been in Paris Disney!

But as I don't believe we go anywhere when we are dead nor that our departed are up there looking down on us and prefer to both honour and visit them while they still have a pulse I've never been one for visiting graves even of my close relatives. They are not there - they live on in my memories of them.

I also don't think people who like to pray need to go to a designated church to do so. Or, as in the case of some religions, be told they will be punished in the hereafter if they don't attend regularly.

Not much happening on Dogsey today is there? I got slightly distracted from my labours but have dragged out my lecky blanket and put it on the bed ready for when I return after Xmas. Can't find my leather gloves.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-12-2013, 04:53 PM
Afternoon Lynne , Joedee and Helena again and Pat.

Well the wardrobe is sort of together Gorden will have to do the doors I lost the will too live after a while. I have been able to hide boxes in it and some on the top of it so almost achieved what I wanted today.

Just to let you know the daily chatterers thread is now up and running for people who post on the daily thread. Its a bit like the registered members section but you don't have to be a supporter financially only have to post fairly regularly in the daily thread but may feel you want to post something you don't wish to go on the daily thread which everyone can see.
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »