Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2005, 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by leo
we lost him 9 years ago and at the time i could have topped myself but i can talk about it now.
i had no choice but to get on with life as i had already got a son.
believe me its not easy but it changes the way you think about life in general.
i can not change the past it happened all i can do is get on with the future and my 2 now.
like i said we was given the option but we chose not to take it and i don't regret it at least we was together for some time its better than none in my books.
you feel sorry for me but i don't i have seen some horrible things in some cases i'm the lucky one.
Leo, my heart goes out to you, I think you are a very brave and lovely person.

(((HUGS))))

Steph x
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2005, 09:47 PM
I am anti abortion depending on circumstances. If pregnancy is due to rape I agree, but if it is purely inconvenient etc I disagree. Am not fully decided on the disabilities. Have met and nursed many happy and fullfiled disabled people, so on the whole I would disagree in those circumstances.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2005, 09:47 PM
Originally Posted by leo
we lost him 9 years ago and at the time i could have topped myself but i can talk about it now.
i had no choice but to get on with life as i had already got a son.
believe me its not easy but it changes the way you think about life in general.
i can not change the past it happened all i can do is get on with the future and my 2 now.
like i said we was given the option but we chose not to take it and i don't regret it at least we was together for some time its better than none in my books.
you feel sorry for me but i don't i have seen some horrible things in some cases i'm the lucky one.
Brave lady Leo
:smt052
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-06-2005, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by Aileen
Quote has been edited since I posted - Aileen

Luke,

Have you thought about how anyone on here would feel if they've had an abortion and read that you class them as a child murderer.

Also, do you understand what happens during an abortion? It's hardly a thing any woman could take lightly. I'm sure if you search the internet you can find some photos of aborted foetuses. Do you honestly think any woman wants to see that in the flesh coming out of her body?

Aileen
I have edited the post now, as looking back i admit i got caught in the heat of the moment, i have strong opinions on the matter, and wasnt going tog et involved in this debate, but i thought i could do it in a calm and collective, steady etc way. But i struggled in doing so, and found it very ahrd not too get emotianlly involved.
Please note my posts and my opinions are jsut that, my posts and my opinions, when psoting i am not refering to all women whom have abortions, i am refering to my personal circumstances with this.
After all i am young, at present i seem to have reality check abotu death anyway, thus why i personalyl can not understand the whole thing. In my eyes it is a baby, regardless of its age, it is still a life.
But this is just my opinion, therefore ech to their own.
I do appologise if one has offended anyone, as this was not my intention, but one has an opinion, and i can not condoen abortions, but nor do i have bad thoughts or feelign towards the women whom do ahve abortions
best wishes
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-06-2005, 10:09 PM
its a very personal thing and each case should be treated differently.

I dont think I can comment further as I have been lucky enough never to have been in the situation to decide on an abortion.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2005, 10:43 PM
Wasn't going to get involved in this as it is a topic that can started heated rows and thought it might "blow up" but I will say.
Abortion is a step no-one takes lightly. Whoever or whatever the circumstances.

I agree with the limit being lowered.

Best wishes all Karen
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2005, 10:49 PM
MMnn all out war on this one.

I have to say i think that every woman has the right to choose.
I DONT agree with it as a form of contraception, as I think its the wrong message to send.

However, from personal experience, If I found out that there was something wrong with my baby - ie:disabled, downs etc then I would not go through with the pregnancy. MY CHOICE - I have a very supportive husband who would back me up. The reason I say this is from personal experience. My brother turned 21, this year and he is severely mentally and physically disabled from birth, he has no motor skills, speech and few communication skills. he lives in residential care and will be for the rest of his life. When my parents are no longer around, I am the one that is responsible for him. Having a disabled child is nothing like having a "normal " one - they are forever a baby - forever dependent. His residential care home is depressing to say the least. What kind of life does he live?

At the end of the day - its personal choice and everyone has that right to choose, I dont believe in it as contraception, but in all other forms I think its up to the individual and no one has the right to say that you should go through with something that you dont want. At the end of the day is that child better to be born to a person who deosnt want it/ wont keep it / will harm it / or to have no life?

JMO - but I have also lived the other life - watching people i love struggle, and it doesnt just affect the parents its the whole family. So who has the right to decide that life for someone else?

Dani
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-06-2005, 11:23 PM
Abortion is a very personal thing and as Carole says you have to look a each case individually. I could never agree to having one whatever the circumstances rape or otherwise, to me a baby is a baby and I would love it just the same. That doesn't mean I would deny others the right to choose and I have spoken to many who have done just that including a girl who was raped by her father and my best friend who contracted german measles and was advised to terminate the pregnancy. However, with the latest tests and ultrasound scans I don't think there is any need for a termination to be carried out later than twenty weeks except in the most exceptional circumstances
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-06-2005, 11:23 PM
i have always been anti abortion
that was until i fell preg at the age of 15, now there is nothing wrong with that it was not planned but both familles sat down and talked about it and me and OH decided that we would go ahead with it, i got to 20 weeks and was having my second scan and was told that there was a big problem.

to cut a long story short we decided to have and an abortion. i was just gone 21. week. if this new law had come in then i would not have been able to do that. my life was at risk and there was no way the baby could of lived. i think abortion should be open to every 1 but only for a short time but left open up until the 24 weeks for the ppl like me that had a medical reason to have 1.

i regret what i done and in another way i don't there was no way i could of bought a brain damaged baby up at 15.
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

30-06-2005, 11:31 PM
Thats so sad Natalie, i am so sorry for your loss.
On the overall abortion subject, i believe that it is soemthign that splits peopel, not all has the same opinions or beilefs therefore they should be kept private, it is something that depends on the perosn, the circumstances and their general opinions.
Being brought up a Catholic i have alllways been brought up to see this as wrong, but in some cases i see the need for it.
it really is sad that such things happen to good people
best wishes
Page 6 of 17 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 > Last »