View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2005, 10:49 AM
Okay Mini, thank you, just going down to do this check with him.

Thanks for the info.

Originally Posted by Minihaha
Hi MC SB got here two mins before me...

I remember you posted something yesterday, I think this was your warning of the start of a problem ..http://www.dogweb.co.uk/talkdogs/showthread.php?t=23204

I guess Fern has picked up a bug or eaten things he shouldn't....I would certainly get him check out by the vet, this started yesterday so coming up to 24hrs.
Signs of being poorly are warm nose(raised temp dries the moisture) dull eyes, tucked up tummy,tail down,not eating, lethargic. Don't worry about him not eating for the moment just offer small amount of water at a time.
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2005, 10:51 AM
Thanks for the link Christine, will take a look at it now.

x

Originally Posted by Christine
Hi M/C yes I think trip to vets to find out, I wouldn`t feed him tho till you see/speak to vet, just leave him some water in case he`s thirsty, a little honey mixed in with it is good

Heres a link on foods for dogs with diarrhea

http://www.wellvet.com/diarrheadog.html

Hope its just something n nothing & hes OK soon
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2005, 11:03 AM
Let us know how he gets on, vet is the best bet
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2005, 11:12 AM
Just touched his nose it's dry and warm, we've got an appointment booked with the vet at 4.10pm today so will let you know how he gets on.

Poor wee boy Makes you sad when they are under the weather like this.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2005, 11:20 AM
Oooh hope he gets on okay at the vets. He is going through it, isn't he, poor lad.
xxx
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2005, 12:07 PM
Just seen this MC, hope the poor little man is okay, does sound like he has eaten something he shouldn't....
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2005, 12:18 PM
Just had a thought MC - wonder if its something that he picked up at his training class last week with being in contact with all the other dogs there - perhaps you could check with them if anything is going round It sounds like it could be because it was the 10th when you attended the class wasn't it and its only the 16th today and he hasn't been well for a few days has he Perhaps it might be a good idea to mention to the vet that he has been to the training school in case something is going round there

Hope the poor lad is feeling a bit better soon - give him a big hug and kiss from me
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2005, 01:42 PM
Awww poor ickle Fern

Hope the vet can help..
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2005, 03:45 PM
Update, Fern slept for the morning in the kitchen wrapped up in a blanket, and he gave us a bark to let us know he wanted to go out.

So he went out and went to the bathroom, it was no longer liquid but still slightly moist.

He was running around, jumping on us and wanting to be fed, so I put some rice down and he gobbled it up. What a dramatic change in his behaviour!!!

I put him in his crate for a nap and have just let him out again, and same thing - he's chipper and wanting more food.

I called the vet about his change in behaviour who recommended to watch him overnight and if there is still a case of a moist tummy to bring him in tomorrow.

But the turnaround in his behaviour from this morning to this afternoon has been very good.

I've just fed him some more rice as he was eyeing up my OH's lunch eagerly which is a great sign

he's now playing downstairs with his ball and cheetah.

The one thing that we have done differently - and thank you Carole for alerting me to this, was we DIDN'T take him to the park today - so I wonder if there's a few bugs creeping around there. I took him to the park yesterday and he didn't improve but confining him to the house has really helped.

I've washed all his bedlinen so it's fresh and I'm going to steam clean the floors to ensure there are no nasties. I will keep you posted.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2005, 04:27 PM
Sounds like it was exactly how Cassie was a couple of weeks ago and have noticed there are a lot of mushrooms around at the minute. Wonder if they've picked something up they shouldn't have. Cassie goes to the park too! Makes you wonder. Her change was dramatic from morning to afternoon too!!!!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >