Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2008, 10:35 AM

Another urine sample...

Takara's problem peeing still hasn't cleared up (despite anti bi's) so I've collected another sample and am sending it off to the lab...

She's been dripping whilst sitting but yesterday her bed was soaked through and she hadn't long been back from a walk. She doesn't know she's doing it until the bed's wet and she's got nowhere to settle down, it's stressing her out and she doesn't want to settle and relax (she only does it when relaxed).

So wish us luck, it'll be mid next week before we get anything back as the lab takes 5 days anyway and it's Easter so I've got a bit of a wait.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2008, 10:42 AM
Having this problem with my old girl. Can you bring me up to date with your bitch and let me know how old she is and is she spayed?
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2008, 10:48 AM
Poor girl. Hope she's feeling better soon, hon

*hugs* x0x
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2008, 10:59 AM
Pita she's just 2 1/2 and was spayed 6 months ago.

I thought at first it might be because she was spayed but this isn't dripping it's full on puddles
The vet thinks it's an infection of some sort.

Thanks Vicki
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2008, 12:45 PM
Could well be an infection that is not responding the AB's the vet has tried, perhaps they will grow a sample and see what it responds to this time.

There are two sorts of incontinence caused by spaying that I know of, the lack of female hormone, my girls problem, and damage done during the surgery or following by lesion or swelling. I do hope that they find an infection and can soon correct your bitches problem if not the first type of incontinence is easily dealt with by giving the bitch HRT the second problem may well require a further operation.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2008, 03:20 PM
Thanks Jackie,

The vet thinks it's just that the ABs didn't work well with it so she's going to send it off to the lab to find a better AB to use.

I'm hoping it's not incontinence but we'll see what happens - good luck getting your bitch sorted out too x
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2008, 03:32 PM
We had this with our last bitch, Star. She kept peeing while she was asleep and relaxed. They ran all sorts of tests on her and in the end all the vet could come up with was, wait for it.... she must be dreaming she's out on a walk and when she goes to toilet on her walk, she does in real life as well.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2008, 03:35 PM
Think your vet is doing the right thing; find the correct AB to use and your lady should be fine.

My bitch is now 14 and is on a female hormone that works well, she only has one every other day and is dry with the added bonus that her coat has improved and so has her figure, she has gone from being cubed to just being portly.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2008, 08:03 PM
I took the sample to the vet this afternoon and there's glucose in it.

I have to get another one tomorrow to test again and if there's glucose in that, T will have to be sedated for a blood test (she freaks out and it would be impossible with her fully conscious) to see if she's diabetic

At least if it is diabetes it's treatable but I was hoping to change her insurance later this year!
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2008, 09:03 PM
Well that is a possibility, had you noticed if she was drinking more than usual?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >