Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-08-2009, 06:32 AM

Rally Obedience???

Showing my ignorance, I know, but what is 'rally obedience'?

I hadn't heard of it until I met someone who told me she was off to train her dog for it.
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2009, 08:09 AM
Here you go
http://www.apdt.co.uk/rally.asp

It's an import from America where I think it's called Rally-O. How slow am I just clicked the O stands for obedience
Dale's mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-08-2009, 08:34 AM
Ah Now I know.
It looks fun
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-08-2009, 08:50 AM
I'm sure I've seen this on It's me or the dog USA, might be wrong though!?
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2009, 12:46 PM
Rally O ????

I did have abit of a look, Obedience for people that cant do or dont like Obedience Proper?
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2009, 06:41 PM
There are clips on you tube - it looks kind of fun
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2009, 12:36 AM
Moxie and I have titles in both Standard Obedience and Rally Obedience, so it definitely isn't for people who "can't do" regular obedience. :rollseyes:

Its a course, like an agility course, with anywhere from 10 to 20 stations or signs where handler and dog perform a skill. There are a good many skills to perform, more than are required in standard obedience. The course is self paced but is timed. Time is only used in the event of a tie. The focus is on positive training and trialing. You lose points or NQ for correcting your dog in any way, even a verbal "eh eh" You are encouraged to talk to your dog and encourage her. I quite enjoy Rally O. Its more fun than standard obedience, more of a challenge as its different every time. You don't know until you get in there what skills you will be asked to perform when.

APDT started rally but the AKC, UKC and ASCA have all followed suit and offer Rally at their trials.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-08-2009, 07:18 AM
id love to do this.

problem is there a very few clubs in the whole country that offer it, and if you find one, there arent any national contests!

maybe i will have to start a group myself.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2009, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by muttzrule View Post
Moxie and I have titles in both Standard Obedience and Rally Obedience, so it definitely isn't for people who "can't do" regular obedience. :rollseyes:

Its a course, like an agility course, with anywhere from 10 to 20 stations or signs where handler and dog perform a skill. There are a good many skills to perform, more than are required in standard obedience. The course is self paced but is timed. Time is only used in the event of a tie. The focus is on positive training and trialing. You lose points or NQ for correcting your dog in any way, even a verbal "eh eh" You are encouraged to talk to your dog and encourage her. I quite enjoy Rally O. Its more fun than standard obedience, more of a challenge as its different every time. You don't know until you get in there what skills you will be asked to perform when.

APDT started rally but the AKC, UKC and ASCA have all followed suit and offer Rally at their trials.
American Obedience is very very different to uk obedience.& Rally O is nothing like uk stuff

Ive been Watching Clips on Utube & it looks more Pet Obedience (as compared to UK Stuff) However does have lots of happy dogs & waggy Tails, which is brill to see! just not very accurate
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2009, 12:25 PM
I competed in one of the first one here in the UK and it was fab - I loved it. Great emphasis on happy dogs etc and no lead yanking etc allowed so ideal for me

Further up classes are done off lead and you can do jumps etc too which is partly what got me interested as it's fun basically!

Wys
x
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >