register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Katie23 is offline  
Location: Cheshire
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,387
Female 
 
08-07-2009, 04:05 PM

Hobbies!

I personally dont (well didnt) have any as such apart from the dogs - going out with mates (rarely atm unfortunaly)! so decided to get my ar5e into gear and get some new hobbies....

so last night i went to body combat which an hour of intense exercise was ok until this morning when i woke up in agony... .... my stomach hurt... my legs.... so the poor dogs walk this morning consisted of me slowly shuffling round the field

im after doing more hobbies during the week but im not sure what.....


what hobbies do you do???
Reply With Quote
Merz
Dogsey Senior
Merz is offline  
Location: Lancashire, UK
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 325
Female 
 
08-07-2009, 08:20 PM
Hi suze-body combat and such sounds too much like hard work to me-and the after effects being pain I go for gentler hobbies like walking with my girl, reading and I enjoy music-I must sound like a real bore but I do enjoy a quiet life Keep up the good work-what is it they say 'no pain-no gain'-hope you feel better tomorrow
Reply With Quote
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Katie23 is offline  
Location: Cheshire
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,387
Female 
 
08-07-2009, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by Merz View Post
Hi suze-body combat and such sounds too much like hard work to me-and the after effects being pain I go for gentler hobbies like walking with my girl, reading and I enjoy music-I must sound like a real bore but I do enjoy a quiet life Keep up the good work-what is it they say 'no pain-no gain'-hope you feel better tomorrow
thanks for the reply

i went ten pin bowlig tonigh and managed one game before my arms and tummy started aching and had to call it a night

im off to a sports centre tomorow to enroll in badminton and tennis hopefully!!

badminton dosent start until september and want to start something asap!! so shall see!!!

Reply With Quote
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
esmed is offline  
Location: Devon, UK
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,515
Female 
 
08-07-2009, 10:17 PM
Good effort on the getting out and about. I wish i had the time/energy to still play badminton and stuff. My hobbies these days include cooking, walking the dog and cleaning!! Oh and gardening! I like to read but don't get much time for that.

Most the things i enjoy the OH tells me are not normal for a 24 yr old and that i'm old before my time!!
Reply With Quote
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
labradork is offline  
Location: West Sussex
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 6,744
Female 
 
08-07-2009, 10:19 PM
Try learning a musical instrument. There are plenty of resources to self teach nowadays if you have the motivation to learn.
Reply With Quote
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Reisu is offline  
Location: Kent, UK
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,024
Female 
 
08-07-2009, 10:24 PM
drawing is my main hobby. well, i say that, i recently got made a moderator on another forum with nearly 90,000 members so that takes up most of my time now
Reply With Quote
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Katie23 is offline  
Location: Cheshire
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,387
Female 
 
08-07-2009, 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
Good effort on the getting out and about. I wish i had the time/energy to still play badminton and stuff. My hobbies these days include cooking, walking the dog and cleaning!! Oh and gardening! I like to read but don't get much time for that.

Most the things i enjoy the OH tells me are not normal for a 24 yr old and that i'm old before my time!!

id much rather be at home!!! surfing the net and generally pottering.... but im mega unfit and im getting a horse (hopefully)! in october time... so need to get fitter and get a life!! i was going to go horse riding to brush up on my riding skills but at 20+ per half hour - no thanks!

Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Try learning a musical instrument. There are plenty of resources to self teach nowadays if you have the motivation to learn.
i already play (or did )! play the piano... unfortunately living in house with paper thin walls (semi) means i can hear the neighbours cough so imagine me on a piano i loved playing though

Originally Posted by Reisu View Post
drawing is my main hobby. well, i say that, i recently got made a moderator on another forum with nearly 90,000 members so that takes up most of my time now

omg 90,000 members!!!!!! not surprised your busy with all them members goodness!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
loufoxyloxy
Dogsey Senior
loufoxyloxy is offline  
Location: manchester uk
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 470
Female 
 
08-07-2009, 11:45 PM
hi one of my hobbies is being a member of the local st john ambulance division, it great fun not only do u learn all aspects of first aid but u all so meet loads of new people, and if u wish u can put ur new skills to use at public events, i recently '' worked '' at the oasis concerts in manchester, but u can '' work at football matches etc
i also do the more usual things like goin out with mates and stuff
also about to start puppy classes with my new puppy
Reply With Quote
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
MissE is offline  
Location: Ockendon Village
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,327
Female 
 
09-07-2009, 06:38 AM
I thought body combat was shopping in Harrod's sale

I used to play badminton and squash until a knee injury stopped me when I was 28 - too much twisting and turning - though I was either playing or training six nights a week.

Now I walk the dog, paint in watercolours and do a lot of gardening. Am thinking of taking up Pilates too
Reply With Quote
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Tillymint is offline  
Location: East Sussex
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,314
Female 
 
09-07-2009, 06:51 AM
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
I thought body combat was shopping in Harrod's sale

I used to play badminton and squash until a knee injury stopped me when I was 28 - too much twisting and turning - though I was either playing or training six nights a week.

Now I walk the dog, paint in watercolours and do a lot of gardening. Am thinking of taking up Pilates too
I thought it was shopping in Primark
My hobby is sewing which is what I've turned into a job which is great as I get paid for it & stay at home! Not that I do a great deal, but it suits my family life, which has suffered in the past.
Also my dog I guess - After working full time in office job for years and always wanting a dog, as soon as I was made redundant & decided to change my work life anyway, No. 1 on the list was a dog!
I also love gardening, decorating & baking cakes! and now actually have time to do it all!
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools


© Copyright 2016, Dogsey   Contact Us - Dogsey - Top Contact us | Archive | Privacy | Terms of use | Top