Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
carrie.decarlo
New Member!
Female 

16-03-2017, 02:13 AM

Fleas

Hi everyone. I need your advice. At first, this problem is not bothering me at all. But lately, I can't ignore it anymore. The fleas are irritating my dog and it's not a good thing. I can remove them one by one but it is not easy. So, I am looking for a solution. Can you recommend a product that can kill fleas?
muddymoodymoo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-03-2017, 05:42 PM
If you weren't bothered by fleas when they first appeared you probably have quite an infestation by now. You need to protect your dog and treat your house. There are many products for dogs such as spot ons - drops that you apply to the back of neck monthly. There are collars such as Seresto and there are tablets that can be given to the dog such as Bravecto. Your vet is the best person to advise, don't get anything from pet stores - they don't work.

For the house there are sprays such as RIP, Skoosh and many others. Again , your vet will sell some or be able to order them.

Do it now, don't wait as the fleas are multiplying all the time.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-03-2017, 06:38 PM
Lol how could you not be bothered by fleas at first?
Did you think they'd leave of their own accord?
See your vet for treatments for your dog and home but you will need to stay on top of it to get rid of every last one.
carrie.decarlo
New Member!
Female 

17-03-2017, 12:40 AM
well, I've just tried taking a bath for my dog hoping it would go away, but it didn't.
billyharvey
New Member!
Male 

17-03-2017, 12:43 AM
hey there carrie, i've had issues in the past with fleas and my vet recommended 2 different products. nextgard and revolution. One is a tablet the dog ingest, the other is a topical solution. Both have different side effects and both may or may not work for your dog. Currently, I give my dog Nexgard which is helping with his flea and tick problems. Its starting to get hot here so fleas and ticks are more alive than ever. I hope this helps you. heres some sites you can check out:

[links removed]
healthydog
New Member!
Male 

19-04-2017, 02:46 PM
Hi carrie,

I have an article on a few flea and tick chemical free solution you may want to try.
find it on my site: [Link removed]
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-04-2017, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by carrie.decarlo View Post
well, I've just tried taking a bath for my dog hoping it would go away, but it didn't.
Made me smile, it reads as if you are having the bath.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-04-2017, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by carrie.decarlo View Post
Hi everyone. I need your advice. At first, this problem is not bothering me at all. But lately, I can't ignore it anymore. The fleas are irritating my dog and it's not a good thing. I can remove them one by one but it is not easy. So, I am looking for a solution. Can you recommend a product that can kill fleas?
Hello and welcome new member.
I don't know how long you have had the dog but you shold have been giving flea treatment on a regular basis from day one.

Water under the bridge. Do something NOW.
A flea infestation will take a bit of a determined effort to eradicate.
Good luck.
perriejinnie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-04-2017, 07:09 AM
There are many products available online which can protect your dog from fleas and tick. You can search them online and order anyone of them. I'm sure your dog will be relieved from irritating fleas instantly.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-04-2017, 05:15 AM
Originally Posted by perriejinnie View Post
There are many products available online which can protect your dog from fleas and tick. You can search them online and order anyone of them. I'm sure your dog will be relieved from irritating fleas instantly.
Many for sure. We use Front Line. I'm not on commission - all I can say is that we have been flea free.

The prevoius owner of our house had cats - with fleas it would seem. We had to spray and use flea bombs several times. I don't recall now how long it took to eradicat the problem but it was not a quick fix.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >