Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2012, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by K'Ehleyr View Post
I dont walk where sludge has been smeared Gnasher but I do walk on a massive field next to a sewage treatment works
Hmmm ... to be on the safe side I would dose with Panacur oral suspension following the directions for giardia treatment. It is unlikely to have spread from the sewage treatment works, but not impossible. Panacur is totally safe so all you will have to lose is some money, to be on the safe side I would try it.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2012, 07:51 PM
I wouldnt suspect giardia after being sick once
Hanlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-06-2012, 08:36 PM
Whisper has been sick like this a few times - I too took it to be bile. She's usually fine soon afterwards.

My own tummy is prone to upsets of various kinds and I suppose dogs are the same, really. She refused her breakfast this morning but judging from the dreadful smells emitting from her bum today I think she must have had wind.

She ate her tea just fine so am not worried.

Hope your doglet is soon feeling better. xx
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2012, 04:07 PM
Thank you all she's not been sick again but has been eating quite a bit of grass so wonder if she did just have a tummy upset.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2012, 04:18 PM
We had Spencer to the vets last month because he kept throwing up yellow stuff. Not daily but a couple of times a week for several weeks. First I thought it was possibly him having an empty tummy so played with his feeding times. Then I thought maybe something he was eating. Ruled both out and it was still happening so we went to the vets where they did blood work and took a poo sample. Both came back clear.

And as they do he hasn't been since once since we had him to the vets. We still have no idea what was causing it

Fingers crossed it's just a one off and she's feeling better now.
HollyG1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-06-2012, 08:17 PM
The only time Millie ever threw up bright yellow was when she had gastroenteritis, as long as she's eating and not lethargic she should be fine, just keep an eye on her.

Millie's sick was phlemy too
MooLoo
New Member!
Female 

05-06-2012, 10:43 PM
Moo has thrown up bile plenty of times, eating grass doesn't help as it only causes bloat, they can't digest it, If she is drinking and eating fine I wouldn't worry Xx
Strangechilde
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-06-2012, 02:01 PM
Probably just a tummy upset. Who knows what they get into? Do check it out if he keeps barfing. It could be gastroenteritis. A course of antibiotics will fix it if it's that.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2