Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JR Lady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-10-2005, 07:24 PM
Hi Steve...

Could be be allergy...Monty used to get them and he is very allergic...They could also be bites...

Do let us know how you get on...
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2005, 07:39 PM
Yes Steve, you will have to go to a larger Boots store or a big chemist for the Hibiscrub, you won't get it in a small run of the mill chemist, or if you have a "horsey" shop nearby they will definitely do it coz we use it on their legs for mud fever. In case you didn't know, you dilute it and froth it all up before you use it. Ouch! Don't want to alarm Vegas giving it to him neat, especially on his delicate parts! They may give you an alternative like they did me last time, but i don't think it's as good personally, it's called Hydrex, but try and get the real thing Hibiscrub, I think it's better.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2005, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54
I just looked at Georgie's bits for you Steve, and he has some too?? He's always had some little, what I'd call pimples there. There's no head on them like a zit, but they're raised pimples? He always had them, so I never really worried about them, but maybe Vegas has bigger ones erupting? Foxy is right, the Hibiscrub is very good as it's antibacterial and kills just about everything. Whatever you do, make sure you wash it off thoroughly coz it is very toxic if they lick it - it says that on my bottle anyway!
Is it toxic Benji is always licking it after I put it on - and if some gets on my hands he licks that too - I didn't realise it is toxic

And did Georgie give you permission to inspect his bits Helen
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2005, 07:50 PM
Yes it is Foxy, highly!! Don't forget, the surgeons use this to scrub up with and they are highly unlikely to lick their arms afterwards are they! Lol! Or are they!! I got very worried when I saw this on my new bottle which the chemist told me was the same thing, as I use it a lot to wash their muddy feet off as I thought it might kill any germs they may have picked up in the process, so I made sure I dunk their feet thoroughly in clean water afterwards as Georgie is always licking his feet. The other common use for it, and the vets used to prescribe it to us, was for mud fever in horses, and again, the horses wouldn't lick their legs afterwards, well they'd have a job wouldn't they!

I don't have to ask Georgie if I can inspect his bits, I think he rather enjoys it!! Cassie, yes,I have to ask, but Georgie "no"!
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-10-2005, 08:06 PM
Yes Steve, you will have to go to a larger Boots store or a big chemist for the Hibiscrub, you won't get it in a small run of the mill chemist, or if you have a "horsey" shop nearby they will definitely do it coz we use it on their legs for mud fever. In case you didn't know, you dilute it and froth it all up before you use it. Ouch! Don't want to alarm Vegas giving it to him neat, especially on his delicate parts! They may give you an alternative like they did me last time, but i don't think it's as good personally, it's called Hydrex, but try and get the real thing Hibiscrub, I think it's better.
Cheers Helen about the horsey shops-its pretty rural round here and this is the one thing there are plenty of!

Also,thanks for saying not to use it neat cause i dont think Vegas would ever forgive me if his todger got burnt!!!
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2005, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by Steve
Cheers Helen about the horsey shops-its pretty rural round here and this is the one thing there are plenty of!

Also,thanks for saying not to use it neat cause i dont think Vegas would ever forgive me if his todger got burnt!!!
Poor Vegas!!! I hope he forgives you, even if it is diluted!
Hope it clears up soon!
JR Lady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-10-2005, 03:14 AM
Hi Hon...Tesco Pharmacies do a largish bottle for around £2...

Sorry Steve can't remember exactly...You are funny...and... No Vegas would definitely neither forgive you nor trust you ever again if you burned his!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2005, 01:08 PM
Thanks JR, but unfortunately I don't have one of those Tesco stores near me who have a pharmacy? I've looked on all the shelves but nothing and don't know where I could ask them. Asda have a pharmacy department, so I might ask in there. Thanks though.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-10-2005, 09:03 PM
Right!

Managed to get some Hibiscrub today cause everywhere had sold out last week-including all the chemists.I diluted the solution and used the froth to clean Vegas's skin (tissue paper had dirt on it afterwards),then cleaned him up with fresh water.

On closer inspection of the skin around his todger-it looks like he has suffered with these spots sometime in the past as there are quite a few white circle 'scars'.I've been cleaning his skin with normal soap/water then smearing on Germoline last few days as i couldnt get the Hibiscrub until today and his skin has settled down,but a few more spots have cropped up.

How often should i clean his skin daily-once,twice or more often??? :smt017
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2005, 09:42 AM
Hi Steve... maybe you could take a photo of one of the spots?

When Archie had pyoderma (skin infection), after the spots had dried out he would develop a sort of crusty white ring around where they were before.

Our vet told us that these white things are typical of pyoderma. I think it's actually an infection IN the hair follicle so you probably need to see your vet for some antibiotics or at least some lotion, especially if there are more spots
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >