View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2024, 03:34 PM
Brenda, just Google your husband's name, that's how I found out about Steve's uncle and his biological father....if you want to go to the service, if you find the time and date and location, you can't legally be excluded....can you tell I have had to do it myself lol. You can be requested not to attend and most people are good and stay away, it's a public place so unless there's a restraining order, you can quite happily turn up
https://www.yourfuneralchoice.com/pl...get%20involved.
Lynn, good luck with the car and just tell them it's the high low gears, if you select a gear it's transmission.
Sue, we are the same, very rarely hear anything about relatives but that's great with me. I haven't spoken to my cousin for nearly a year now, I got fed up with the lies, the pity party and going on about not being able to have a baby......it was incredibly draining....much happier now not having to hear from her.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-04-2024, 03:52 PM
Hi griff.

Car update. Not the transfer box but the angle sensor, and it may or may not have damaged the rear differential.
Not sure what it all means Gorden does.
We need this angle sensor replacing to find out if any damage has been done to the the rear differential and the mechanic will then have to contact the warranty people if it has or not damaged the differential thingy and see if both or the rear differential is covered.
The differential is to choose 4 wheel drive or not I have just been told.

He will be coming back with prices later or possibly tomorrow for parts.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2024, 04:53 PM
They will try to wriggle out of it Lynn, warranty always does however, if the angle sensor is in the transfer box it's a transmission failure in my eyes.i worked for a land rover dealership for nearly 4 years and I can count on one hand the number of diffs we replaced.....they are quite robust, even when we went to drain the oil out of it and there was none in it lol. I will keep everything crossed that it's just a sensor and cheap to fix, crossing fingers legs and eyes!!
Meeting my uncle tomorrow, I have some cheese and butter for him, I get it from Costco so it works out cheap and lasts him ages, I never take the money off him.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-04-2024, 05:18 PM
Thanks griff don't get too uncomfortable.

The angle sensor for our Kia is in the steering wheel. The transfer box has been ruled out.
It was in the picture the other week because when he got under the car it was up on ramps he spun the back wheel and the front one went as far as I know.

He has been in the army ex army engineer worked on tanks and like yourself land rovers etc.,
It's the back differential and the angle sensor going could damage it so we are hoping it hasn't and if both need sorting at least one if not both will be covered under the warranty.
So fingers crossed the angle sensor is replaced and problem sorted. Not so expensive if not covered.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2024, 06:16 PM
His name isn't Malcolm is it lol, we had an ex army lad start at our place....he lasted a week bless him.
I will pray for a failed sensor...seems the quickest and cheapest fix
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-04-2024, 06:35 PM
Lol no not Malcolm wrong part of the country I would imagine.

Fingers crossed although Gorden has looked up the prices himself for the rear diff and not as expensive as we thought and he will get confirmation on prices hopefully tomorrow. The sensor isn't expensive and not a hard or long job.
Also their labour charges are very reasonable.
He has a workshop a few doors down from the guy who sorts Gordens car and did all the auto electrics for him.
So he was recommended.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2024, 08:13 PM
Good evening everyone

Work and then choir and thats been my day just to let you all know without cutting anything out bar "snacks" which I really did not consider I ate but must of done. I have in 8 weeks lost a stone and half. So another stone to go I think I will see what feels comfortable rather than being lead by
scales.

I appear to be in a miniority however I really like all my family and hope they like me too. By family I mean cousins and 2nd cousins etc no Aunts bar one left now but I like all of them and keep in reasonable contact, we meet up twice a year on Mom's side and often phone and chat. On Dad's side like them all; but being the youngest family within the family a lot of my cousins have passed on and those reamining that side bar one
are well into their 70's and most 80's so again mostly phone calls. But Barb, Michael,Jayne, Vicki, Jane, David and sometimes Stephen I speak to on [a social network] messenger and would have no qualms in popping to see any if nearby their homes and hope that all goes likewise think it does. That goes for both sides. Mom's and Dad's.

Anyhow have a great evening all work again tomorrow so see you in the evening.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-04-2024, 08:30 PM
I haven't used scales for years Kazz in fact haven't had them in the house for years.
I also use the what feels comfortable scenario.

Your family set up sounds lovely, I always feel a little envious of your get togethers.
My sister we were the two that were close even when I had to move away 100 miles from her we used the phone to keep in touch and I always tried once a month to drive over and visit especially as she was so ill.
I miss her terribly even though it has been 6 years since she died in March.
Especially when I need a rant or a cry.

My eldest brother is quite cold and the youngest brother is older than me and can be difficult to get along with.
Cousins, nieces scattered all over the place and dads side we all lost touch I do send a Christmas card and receive one from a cousin still on dads side, mums side similar not sure if any left on mums side.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2024, 09:38 PM
I am glad it's not our Malcolm...he lasted a week as he was awful.... put gearbox oil in the diff and took 2 days to do a cambelt (6hours work)
Kazz, well done with the weight loss, mine is going nowhere, the nurse has reviewed my food diary and seen photos of my food and said she doesn't understand, so...I have the hospital telling me to lose weight and the drs saying I am doing everything I can and it's medication....it will sort itself out eventually but it's very annoying
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2024, 10:00 PM
Good evening all

It was a split morning for us. Down for breakfast in the car and out for a run once it cleared up.

We've had flood warnings the last couple of days. They said a tidal surge was coming and with the high tides could cause flooding, but we were lucky in that it didn't affect us here after all

I have a similar relationship with my sister Lynn. We phone to check on each other and think we've got nothing to say, but somehow seem to be on the phone for at least an hour

Quiet afternoon as Gary went off on one because I won't organise workment to knock a hole in the wall to accommodate an air conditioning vent pipe when we haven't got permission from the landlord. I've put in a request three times now with no answer and I've told him he has to be patient but he went off alarming so I cut the video call and now he's not talking to me yet again. He thinks he's punishing me when he doesn't talk to me, but honestly, it's like heaven. He's got far worse since his last fit which resulted in another bleed to the brain so I'm going to have to talk to the GP for what good it will do
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >