Our sister sites
Our sister sites
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2014, 11:36 AM
Just caught up on this - Poor Nigredo!
Hope he feels better ad stops being such a melon soon x

Is there any way to keep him downstairs while he heals a bit more? If he usually sleeps in bed with you, maybe give him some comfy blankets & cushions on the floor to sleep on and you camp on the sofa with him?
If he goes up on his own accord, maybe a baby gate would be useful.

When Frodo tore his side, he had to be kept calm and quiet with on lead walks only - NOT fun for a young, bouncy, mile a minute, manic lurcher pup!!
We did plenty of brain games to keep him entertained and tire him out. Practicing tricks, teaching new ones etc.
Using things like kongs, slow feeders and games to give him his meals (freezing them works too) instead of feeding out of a bowl will engage his brain a bit and hopefully keep him calmer for a little while!

Ask your vet if there are any hydrotherapy pools nearby too
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2014, 01:35 PM
Thank you, you two. I'll look and see if there are any doggy friendly pools nearby. Nigredo is miserable not being able to run and having to be on his leash. He thinks that because he feels better, that he IS better. I've gone and taken the leash off him, I feel like it was my fault that it hurt him and he'll be better off on his own.

Keeping a treat to slow him down is a good idea! Thank you Lynn. It will probably only work for a short while, though. I can't give him all the treats, he's fat enough as it is... and once he realizes he can only have the treat very rarely, his clever Labrador mind will ignore it and go run and play.

Maybe I can find a way to keep him downstairs. Last time we tried this (when him and Jade were having issues)... his big goofy body just blasted through the gate. I'll ask dad if he knows of anything that may help. Thanks again, you two.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2014, 01:37 PM
Really sorry to hear this Myra. It is such a worry for you. I just hope you can get things back on track with him. X
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6