View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pitboy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

29-07-2014, 07:03 AM
another thing to keep in mind after your recall gets good between you and ur dog. make sure you start on making a emergancy recall word this word u pick must never fail and you should all ways give ur collie a big reward each time the dog comes to you this might save ur dogs life one day you never no
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2014, 08:14 AM
Well, I admit that I suck at teaching recall. I feel your pain. My Jade has no recall. The few times she's gotten off her leash, she just goes on and on and you have to chase her about and snag her. There is NO coming back. She knows her name and comes perfectly indoors, but all is lost when we go outside.

Long lines are not useful, she just goes to the end of them and keeps trying to go, thinking she is nearly free of the wretched device. Also, when outside... Jade hardly cares about food and will not come for a treat.

But since we do not have a proper fence, and Jade is so/so with other dogs and people... it's best she be kept on a leash anyway. I use a muzzle and she'd be fine with recall with her muzzle on, but I was unable to teach her any recall as she's very old and it's very hard for her to learn things.

She's half pitty anyway so of a stubborn nature anyway.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2