Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2014, 05:56 AM
Originally Posted by Florence View Post
No I agree with that, we have no proof or actual knowledge why she refused vet checks. But the standard of a dog is open to interpretation, which is one of the reasons why some features in some dogs have been bred to the extreme. If those features are 'according to standard' but clearly pose a health risk to an individual dog, some judges might still see it as part of the standard, while a vet should see it as a fault.
I understand that some vets in the industry will be biased/corrupted/paid off etc. (as it happens in any money making industry), I still think that if someone has a healthy dog with no features that compromise that health, they should pass a vet check and there shouldn't be a reason why to refuse it.

But I think my views on dog shows and some breeds are a bit extreme to the point where I think some breeds cannot be healthy in any way they are at the moment, wether they tick all points on a vet check list or not, and therefore shouldn't be bred from (unless other breeds are bred into to improve their health), for example the English Bulldog.

At the end of the day it's impossible for us to know why said lady refused the vet check no matter how much we speculate. But I think it's brought a valuable discussion to the table.
There has been no discussion. Just anyone who thinks differently shouted down and insulted again..typical dogsey sadly

Tout ca change tout ca reste la meme

I keep trying... banging my old head that cares for folk so much it hurts against a brick wall
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2014, 07:41 AM
Rosebud, I don't think she was out of line for what she posted, surely it was no more personal than you telling me that it's hard to have a discussion with me because I'm close minded and not open to intelligence or something along those lines (do not recall the exact lines, but could find it if needed) or you telling me that my comment lacked common sense and was extremist.

Those are your opinions (I certainly don't agree) and they are JUST as personal as what she said, if not more so. Florence and I agree on nothing and are two different people who don't even get along on this website in even the slightest and do not speak to each other anymore.

Therefore, don't think I'm defending her... she is an adult and does not need me to do that anyway. I'm merely trying to influence your thinking patterns, since you are quick to say I'm close minded on things, which admittedly I can be sometimes.

Do you truly think that posting a line of laughing smileys was the mature and proper way to handle a serious comment that was aimed at you on a debate thread? Why reply at all if that was what you were going to do?

Also, you were not too sick to make a mockery of her comment... which is why I suspect she posted what she did despite said sickness. Not sure there, but that is what I suspect.

I did not report your posts, I do not report your posts, and I would never do so. Why? Because we are adults, and we are entitled to our opinions, whether people agree with them or not. To report a post and suggest it should be removed because you don't like it is so silly to me.

I hope you reported my reply to you on the other thread as I assure you it was just as personal as Florence's comment. I'm not going to claim I don't go OTT sometimes, but I will say that pots should refrain from calling kettles black at all times.
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-07-2014, 09:42 AM
Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post
you assume that everyone thinks like you .So you accuse....

and then you get personal which is of course against forum rules.

I have my own knowledge and my own ideas. Which are as valid as anyone else's . Except to some

But then this thread IS about personal freedom isn't it? Which seems to scare folk.

if this is dogsey?

Reporting your post although I doubt that will avail.

You also posted this knowing the day I had and the sickness I have...
You laughed at my post and ridiculed it. I would say that was uncalled for and my reply to that was simply a response to your bullying. Report away, I'll deal with that when it comes down to that. You're always quick to lash out but can't seem to take any criticism and when someone disagrees with you, you simply revert to calling them names and calling them close minded or other insults.

And as for your sickness, I'm sorry to hear about that but how am I supposed to know this? Am I meant to read every post you write just so I'm up to date with your personal life?

And once again you made a thread all about yourself. Now let's get back to the actual topic.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4