Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2008, 08:01 PM

The Passion.

Anyone watch it? Made me cry and Im not religious at all really.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2008, 08:12 PM
Well I'm not religious at all, but was quite looking forward to this. Unfortunately I just couldn't get away with the Irish Pontius Pilate (?????) so haven't seen it. Sounds like it was good though?
Hammer
Dogsey Senior
Male 

23-03-2008, 08:12 PM
I watched it, and for once the story followed that of the Gospels pretty accurately. The Beeb used a bit of poetic licence, but they had to really to fill over two hours of television.

The end was a bit of a cop out IMO, the wife and I were debating what special affects the Beeb would use to show Jesus' ascension to heaven, but instead he just walked off into the crowd.

Other than that, i enjoyed it.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-03-2008, 08:14 PM
I have tried to watch it twice and fell asleep each time.
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2008, 08:29 PM
I love all religious films, but I just couldn't get into this one at all, as someone has already said about the irish accent, things were just not right about it and I can't explain why,it just did nothing for me. He didn't look like a Jesus to me, not that I would know what Jesus looked like. But give me Robert Powell anyday with those beautiful eyes, he just was the perfect Jesus for me.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2008, 07:33 AM
Originally Posted by Heather and Zak View Post
I love all religious films, but I just couldn't get into this one at all, as someone has already said about the irish accent, things were just not right about it and I can't explain why,it just did nothing for me. He didn't look like a Jesus to me, not that I would know what Jesus looked like. But give me Robert Powell anyday with those beautiful eyes, he just was the perfect Jesus for me.
Have to admit I was the same. I am 'religious' and so I was looking forward to it, but I thought it was rubbish! I hated Pontious Pilate, I have never seen such over acting in my life! I also thought Jesus was a bit of a wet luttuce in it. I think the aim was for him to be thoughtful and calm, but it didn't do it for me. The scouse Barabas just made me shake my head!!!
A big disappointment. I read a terrible review in the paper too.
My poor OH kept saying 'ooo that programmes on isn't it? When is it on again?' So I thought he was enjoying it loads (he ISN'T religious) and so had to sit through it. WE then had a chat and it emerged he thought it was rubbish too but thought I really wanted to watch it!!! So I thinkafully didn't see the last 2! (Although I have taped one!)