Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2007, 05:59 PM

Pulling on my heart strings

I went to a rescue centre today with my aunt , as she was looking for another cat , to rehome as a pal for her other two ,as she lost her male cat earlier this year to a feline illness , well she could not find one suitable to go with her girls ,
Any way while i was there i spotted this charming old gent
I was told his name was tayler and he was approx 7 years old , i was all for taking him home and was signing papers , and bein given a time and date for home check , when the lady asked do you have other dogs at home i replied yes three female boxers , to which she replied oh i am sorry , he does not get on at all with other dogs , its the reason he is in a run alone ,and the reason he is here as his ,past owners had him then got a puppy , but he and the puppy did not get on , so they surrender him to us ,
I have not been able to stop thinking about him all day . shame he did not get on one iota with other dogs or i would have had a new addition to my family, i feel soi sorry for him as he is veryu gentile towards ppl ,and belongs in front of a nice warm fire , he had a jr in the next run to him , and the longer i stayed there thinking as to whether or not i should take a risk and bring him home , it became apparent his loathing of other dogs ,which i was quite shocked at as boxers are usually very friendly xxdk
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-10-2007, 06:04 PM
Do you know if the rescue centre had tested him with other dogs or just took his previous owners word?

He does look like he belongs next to a nice fire(all old dogs do imo) I could never do go to look round a rescue as I would want to take them all
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2007, 06:08 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
Do you know if the rescue centre had tested him with other dogs or just took his previous owners word?

He does look like he belongs next to a nice fire(all old dogs do imo) I could never do go to look round a rescue as I would want to take them all
Yes they have been doing behaviour training with him, i know phil it just broke my heart today, usually i just pop in and drop of treats and food donations blankies etc, but could not resist when my aunt came back to say he was there , i hope he gets a nice warm fire to ly in front off soon xxdk
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-10-2007, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by dollyknockers View Post
Yes they have been doing behaviour training with him, i know phil it just broke my heart today, usually i just pop in and drop of treats and food donations blankies etc, but could not resist when my aunt came back to say he was there , i hope he gets a nice warm fire to ly in front off soon xxdk
I have dropped treats and food and xmas treats but I never go to the kennel areas.

I asked as I have heard a few cases in the past where the rescue has been busy for one reason or other they go off what the owners says.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2007, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
I have dropped treats and food and xmas treats but I never go to the kennel areas.

I asked as I have heard a few cases in the past where the rescue has been busy for one reason or other they go off what the owners says.
thats what i thought at first meself , phil but they have him under a behaviourist , as they said he is such a sweet heart with ppl ,he just cant abide dogs , i noticed though that one of his ears looks a bit chewed , so maybe it has something to do with his dislike for dogs ,its a real shame as i would have taken him in a heart beat , but he dislikes dogs i could not risk it with the girls xdk
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-10-2007, 06:19 PM
I know what you mean, before I have added another dog Its under the understanding the the dogs now are main priority. I am sure he will find a good home.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2007, 06:19 PM
I have ever understood how people can give up their old dog for a puppy
Hope he gets a forever home soon.
Becky
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2007, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
I have ever understood how people can give up their old dog for a puppy
Hope he gets a forever home soon.
Becky
me neither becky , its so sad and selfish of ppl , to just disregard an older pet for a new puppy , but i guess for these ppl its like a vicious circle , they just trade in the puppy when it gets to old .
im going to call the rescue centre every week to see if he has gotten his forever home beside the fire so ill keep you posted if they tell me xxdk
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-10-2007, 06:25 PM
What horrible horrible people they must be. Fancy giving up an existing pet for a new one. I could never do that.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2007, 06:26 PM
What a shame DK
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >