View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2010, 09:09 AM

Can anybody recommend a doggy home boarder please?

It is mine and Ashs 5th wedding anniversary in Oct and he has said he wants to take me away for a couple of nights

However not sure what to do about Zeita.

Zak will go to mums no problem but Zeita and Kia dont get on plus 4 dogs would be too much for her.

I dont want to put her in kennels so am looking into home boarding in someones house. How does it work? Have any of you used one?

thanks in advance

Mel xx
Kalasin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-07-2010, 09:15 AM
I'm a home boarder too far for you to make the journey, but I can at least tell you what to look out for.

Your home boarder should ask you to bring Zeita over so that they can meet her. If they have any other dogs this is especially important as they need to make sure the dogs will get on. If Zeita will be the only dog in this is a little less important but most home boarders will ask to see the dog anyway, just so they can say hello and be familiar.

Make sure you check that the person is licensed (usually by the local council) and even more importantly make sure they are insured!

Home boarders will usually ask to see your vaccination certificates for your dog, or failing that will ask for your vet's number so they can check themselves. Dogs should have up to date vaccinations and ideally should also be vaccinated against kennel cough.
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2010, 09:18 AM
Originally Posted by Kalasin View Post
I'm a home boarder too far for you to make the journey, but I can at least tell you what to look out for.

Your home boarder should ask you to bring Zeita over so that they can meet her. If they have any other dogs this is especially important as they need to make sure the dogs will get on. If Zeita will be the only dog in this is a little less important but most home boarders will ask to see the dog anyway, just so they can say hello and be familiar.

Make sure you check that the person is licensed (usually by the local council) and even more importantly make sure they are insured!

Home boarders will usually ask to see your vaccination certificates for your dog, or failing that will ask for your vet's number so they can check themselves. Dogs should have up to date vaccinations and ideally should also be vaccinated against kennel cough.
thanks for that, I shall make sure they are licensed and insured xx
Dawes Paws
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-07-2010, 09:32 AM
Hi there, i do home boarding and am in your area as said, you would need to come along to my house so that i can check all of the dogs get along have a look at my website (hope its allowed) and give me a call/email if youre interested

[Link removed]
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2010, 09:47 AM
Hi there, i do home boarding and am in your area as said, you would need to come along to my house so that i can check all of the dogs get along have a look at my website (hope its allowed) and give me a call/email if youre interested

[Link removed]
thanks for that I have had a look at your site too looks fab. Sometimes Zeita can be a little intimidated by larger groups of dogs I am not sure how she would cope with your 4, also she can be a bit of a resource guarder but has improved lots...How do you find others cope?

She will play happily with other dogs in a field with no toys xx
Dawes Paws
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-07-2010, 09:59 AM
Hello, my lot do cope extremely well with comings and goings of various dogs, as for the guarding, that wouldnt be a problem, as now that youve told me i would keep "precious" objects out of bounds
The best thing would be to come over and see what you think, quite often dogs coming here are initially a little intimidated at the prospect of being sniffed by four dogs at once but they have always gotten over it fairly quickly. In the house (other than the pup) they pretty much sleep all day so the house is usually pretty quiet.
I never have more than two guest dogs staying at anyone time anyway so she wouldnt have to put up with meeting lots of dogs in an unstructured pack
Let me know what you think
(really need to get some pics of boarding dogs on the website!)
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2010, 10:04 AM
may be we could be best doing a trial meeting and see how she copes?
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2010, 10:09 AM
just noticed you train in Dukinfield I am in Hyde!!!! do you live near by too?
Dawes Paws
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-07-2010, 10:17 AM
haha! small world! yes i live in Dukinfield my address is on the website
as for meeting up I ALWAYS insist on a meet before anyone leaves their dog here
Dawes Paws
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-07-2010, 10:26 AM
Have just stuck some pics on the boarding page
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >