Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2006, 09:04 AM
Little beggar -
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2006, 10:41 AM
Thats a lovely little story Jill - I can just imagine Benji's face and the look of astonishment on it when he found that John was still in bed It must be the name - all Benjis are cheeky Our Benji sleeps on Lauras bed - he is meant to sleep on the blanket that I put over the quilt cover but I have found the little sod with his head on the pillow many times
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2006, 11:09 AM
cheeky thing!!!! My BC gets on the sofa...but only AFTER I've gone to bed and OH is downstairs watching tele!!!! If I pop back down he jumps off and wags his tail at me!!!! Oh seems to forget the no dogs on furniture rule in the evenings!!!!!! OH just pats his head and winks!!!! Men!!!!! (Tee hee hee)
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-03-2006, 03:06 PM
Seeing as how it's Sunday, and i could hear that Mrs S had the TV on for the Commonwealth Games (a source of intense boredom for me!), I decided to have a good lie-in. Of course, this led to a flurry of demanding barks, till Kali got through to me. Then he jumped up on the bed and curled into a soft, hairy ball up against me. I figure that, as he's approaching his twilight years (he's nearly 12), a bit of rule-bending won't do him any harm, and that it is good for him to know that he is still much-loved and important, especially when he has a younger brother who doesn't show him very much respect He likes these "bonding" (?) sessions, so do I, so what the hell! He has exceeded my expectations all his life, and I reckon he deserves a bit of "special" now and again.

Snorri
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2006, 03:25 PM
Teeheeeheeee! dogs are so funny sometimes. I must admit i have caught my labby in similar situations.

Whenever me or OH are ill, the spare duvet inevitably somes out and they get wrapped up in the duvet on the couch. Normally Murf stays at home instead of coming to work to give the poorly person a bit of company. lol he now thinks that whenever the duvet comes out and heads to the lounge it is his god given right to get up on your lap for cuddles (to make you feel better of course!)

Normally the rule is 'not on the furniture unless invited' which works pretty well. However, when he just slinks up there, hoping no one is looking and you catch him out, boy does he have a guilty but insulted look on his face!

Snorri - I must agree with you it is lovely to have snuggles in bed with the doggies. Vienna just wants to play and jump all over you but murf loves to cuddle. If i didnt have OH, the doggies would probably end up sleeping with me all night i know some people frown on it but i love cuddles whether they are from parents, OH, doggies, anyone really!
KatieB_23
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-03-2006, 03:29 PM
Aw that's lovely (both stories!)
Gadget isn't allowed on our bed (OH thinks its dirty) so as a compromise, there's a mattress on the floor in the spare room which we go for a snuggle in. OH wakes up early at weekends & goes downstairs to watch footie, Gadget sits with him for a bit then when he decides it's time for me to get up, he trots into the bedroom & sticks his nose in my face then we go in the spare room, he gets under the covers and lies on my legs, and we both fall fast asleep for a couple more hours!
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2006, 07:47 PM
That was funny and yes very uplifting....uplifting to the bed!! You know they shouldn't but then there's times when you just can't resist isn't there ?
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2