Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2011, 07:47 PM

Query about RMBs?

I finally switched Dex to totally raw last week. Today I gave him a RMB and he happily chewed away at it for several hours, on and off.

But then this evening, he's pooped about four times AND just now he threw up...

He's had RMBs before and this never happened. Could it be because I fed him some cooked vegetables earlier in the day - maybe too rich for him?? But again, he's had vegetables before...

Also he seems to gobble the raw meat down SO quickly and is then immediately hungry again? (hence my trying to bulk his food out with vegetables as kindly suggested in this forum )

Any feedback would be very much appreciated, thank you
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2011, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by TabithaJ View Post
But then this evening, he's pooped about four times AND just now he threw up...

Also he seems to gobble the raw meat down SO quickly and is then immediately hungry again? (hence my trying to bulk his food out with vegetables as kindly suggested in this forum )

Any feedback would be very much appreciated, thank you

Panic ye not.

Well cannnot say for certain but I suspect the poops were due to the veggies (laxative) and the throwing up occurs sometimes when you feed RMBs.

The stomach has said "what, no thanks" it takes time for some dogs to acclimatise so I would not worry too much at the mo.
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2011, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Panic ye not.

Well cannnot say for certain but I suspect the poops were due to the veggies (laxative) and the throwing up occurs sometimes when you feed RMBs.

The stomach has said "what, no thanks" it takes time for some dogs to acclimatise so I would not worry too much at the mo.

Thanks SMOKEY BEAR

Am decreasing the portions of vegetables so hopefully that will help! Also might wait a little bit before feeding another RMB.... Though he was OK with them in the past so maybe just having that and the veg in one day was a step too far - poor Dexie, probably wondering why his food keeps changing
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2011, 07:58 PM
when my lot have bones Dan poos for Britain. Always hard stools like the others but it's not unusual for him to go four or five times. He's always been like that though so I don'y worry.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2011, 08:07 PM
i dont use veggies but i would say thats the culprit with the poops.

also what did he throw up? sometimes when first starting feeding rmb if they dont chew bits of the bone properly they can bring it up..again no worrys, dont panic,as long he is fine in every other way
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2011, 08:18 PM
Was it a very large bone? I gave Cain a big bone a few months back and he scoffed the lot. He then woke me up at 4 am busting for a poo He did a grand total of seven white poos by the end of that day He was simply passing through a large amount of bone.

He also usually throws up a little after the odd turkey drumstick when there's a bit of indigestable bone. No harm done though. Panic not