Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2004, 11:36 AM

nightmare

Well i don't really know where to start,Alfie didn't eat all day friday and just wanted to sleep constantly,so i kept and eye on him as he doesn't tend to eat till after midday as a rule,thought we'd see how he was in the morning(as he was drinking fine and going to the toilet still)morning came and he looked awful,vet couldn't see us till 11ish,i noticed his nose was starting to run and he was a bit shaky,i was cuddling him and he went stiff and was staring and started to breathe really quick and shallow,rang vets told him we needed to come straight away,we ended up sitting in the waiting room with him in his cage until our original appointment anyway(which was a bit appalling considering they didn't know what he had and other dogs where in there)then he let out what seemed like a pathetic phlemy cough,vet didn't know what it was and said maybe it was a virus infection that he'd caught somewhere from another dog(he's fully vaccinated)he gave him 2 injections synulox and metacam some royal canin rehydration fluid and told us to come back this morning,well he ate as soon as he got home had a chew on a fresh raw bone semmed quite a bit better,went to bed and this morning he seems awful again just not moving and not eating or drinking to top it all off we got a phone call while we were in the vets our best friend had been rushed to hospital in recuss after having a seizure(he has MS and chrons disease)and still hasn't come round,my parents were leaving the country yesterday to live in spain and i just couldn't get to see them and say goodbye,my hubbie has had to take alfie(our little boy is ill this morning) and is there at the vets now,they said if he's not much better they'll put him on a drip today,i just wanna cry,
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2004, 11:57 AM
aww tink what an awful time for you, i hope alfie and your relative is better soon
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2004, 12:07 PM
he's back from vets,they gave him some more injections and we've some synulox tablets and a liquid form of the injections to pick up in the morning,the vet said its a lung infection he's picked up from somewhere gotta take him back on friday,can't belive how rapidly it appeared-no signs before hand and what a shadow of himself he looks,
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

14-11-2004, 12:19 PM
Aww Tink *hugs*
Must be really getting you down
Try not to worry and make sure you keep eating etc as you must keep ur strength up xx
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2004, 12:32 PM
aw tinks that horrible for you i hope the little fella picks up soon
gordon lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2004, 12:33 PM
Awwwwww, Tinks.

big ((((((hugs)))))))) for both you and Alfie.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2004, 12:39 PM
Awww Tink, so sorry.

And then so many things at one time.

Hope everyone will feel better soon, and that your friend comes round soon
girlsmum
Dogsey Junior

14-11-2004, 12:51 PM
I'm sorry everything seems so awful at the moment.

I hope everything turns out ok for you Alfie. XX
olive
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-11-2004, 01:40 PM
(((((Hugs)))))) Tink hope everything is OK with Alfie and your friend. Thinking of you.

XXXXXXX
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2004, 06:46 PM
thankyou all for your kind replies,sorry if i went on this morning,was so upset,he looked so bad i just thought i might lose him,he hasn't seemed much better all day but he's just drank and had a bit of food-thank god-which means he's also moved so fingers crossed,although the vet said the injection only lasts so many hours,so i guess we'll just have to give it time and see how he gets on.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >