View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ickle33uk
New Member!
Female 

25-10-2012, 07:15 AM

4yr old Lab cross needs re-homing asap (Liverpool Uk)

Hi this is the most difficult thing I am doing but i know it's for the best.
We have a lab cross called Sootie who is 4yrs old and we got her from a family member who's auntie didn't look after her that well after a few weeks of training her to be housed trained etc she is lovely and caring.
But the things is since we have had her (2yrs) my sons eczema hasn't really calmed down he has had major flares up's and is always having steroid cream's etc so we took him to the doctors and asked could dog hairs be a trigger and yes it could be. So after a holiday away were there was the usual dust house plants etc that could set it off it calmed down loads were I didn't have to apply his cream once we got home within 2 days it was back again so more creams needed once again told the doctor that it could be a coinsedence that its the dog but it when he's not around her for a day after staying at friends houses that don't have pets it calms down.

So after much discussion we need to find her a new home but I have to think of my son. I have phoned rescue centres but they have a huge waiting list.

If anyone can offer her a home or knows of someone that can help please contact me asap.

About Sootie she is a Lab cross we think it could be a staff, all black house trained spayed and is a lovely caring dog good with kids can tend to get excited when new people come into the house and can be a bit over powering but we are trying to calm her down on that. Will bark when someone knocks all the normal stuff a dog does
She will walk on a lead will tend to pull as she loves going out and just running so big fields and forests are ideal for her. She can be a bit snappy on the lead and toward other dog's but since she was attacked by 3 other dog's she is still a bit weary of them we are trying every time she goes out to re introduce her but she gets frightened and we have to walk away from them.
She is a good friend and i know someone will lover her like we do.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2012, 07:44 AM
Have you tried North West labrador rescue?
It may also be worth putting your name on rescue waiting lists now as this time of year starts to get really busy in rescue- people want their dogs gone for Christmas
There is also Liverpool Dog Rescue, Freshfields
and Animals in Need close to Liverpool as well as Manchester and Cheshire Dogs Home.
There is a charity called care For the Paw base in Cheshire who may post her details on their site.

Please don't advertise her on any free ad sites as that is how dogs fall into dog fighting rings
With a little patience you will get her a rescue space.

In the meantime if you post another thread on here people will be able to advise about dealing with your little
Ones allergies- lota of people are in similar
Situations.
Hope that helps.
ickle33uk
New Member!
Female 

25-10-2012, 07:53 AM
Hi thanks for the reply

Yes I have tried all those places and its all a waiting list some have up 200 on it but i haven't tried the one in Cheshire so will try them today.

Oh i wont post on those sites I have heard all about them.
with my son's allergies I have tried everything i clean up her hair everyday etc and try and keep her not in the same room but I don't want to giving him loads of steroids creams and medicines which could effect him in later life its one big circle of things and even though the doctor didn't say it he did hint to re-homing her

Thank you once again .