Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2008, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
What about the 'hypocratic oath' or whatever it's called. I always thought that required doctors to treat anyone, now you're telling me they can 'decline' to do a life saving operation The media would surely have a field day if this ever got out wouldn't they

They already are with certain Doctors and Hospitals changing their policies on treating smokers and clinically obese patients.

They view it as 'help yourself first, then we'll help you' !

I dont have a problem with my organs going awol, except my eyes (or whichever part it is) I want to keep them, alive or dead ! although having said that, I think my children might have a different opinion on whether their mother should be buried whole or not.

It comes down to the next of kin anyway. Even if you are a Doner and carry a card, if your next of kin refuses, they can't take anything.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2008, 05:23 PM
I am in favour of the opt-out scheme. Everyone still has a choice whether or not to donate their organs, it's just in reverse obviously.
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5