View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2007, 10:02 AM
I was just talking about this to my b/f the other day. We been together 2 and half years and he never knew this about me, but I am totally 100% scared of people in big novelty suits. From football mascots to circus clowns. If you can't see their face I hate it.

I will tell you a wee story which happened 2 summers ago. I was out shopping in Middlebrough town for my holiday clothes, and we have a Middlesbrough Football Club official shop in the town in a wee square of shops. Anyway I was next door to it in a clothes shop and when I came out, the boro mascot Rory the lion was standing right in my face!

I screamed in shock and dropped my shopping bags all over the floor, and the whole square just stopped and looked. I ran back in the shop and wouldn't come out 'til he was gone. I don't even know what it is about them, I just cannot stand them at all. Ever since I can remember.

I have the same reaction with bees and wasps and anything 'buzzy', oh and daddy long legs (crane flys). Sometimes if a spider is going fast it gives me a fright but I have been known to pick them up with my bare hands, 'til I got bitten! By a regular house spider! Not even a particularly big one!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2007, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by zoeybeau1 View Post
ilove stephen king x
thats what did it for me!!!

i watched that when i was bout 5 or 6!!! scared the bejesus out of me....

dad then took me to a circus and asked me to go wait byu the car...(not unusual dad always bumps into people he knows)

HE BROUGHT A CLOWN OVER!!!!

well with my screaming and crying the clown guy shuffled his feet and said " i best be getting on...." and walked off... .

bless him dont count on my dad to cure phobias!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2007, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post

I'm also scared of clowns and, randomly, mascots. You know, the characters/huge costumes people wear at football matches etc?
OH YAY THE RELIEF! I actually thought I was the only grown adult to have this phobia!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2007, 10:07 AM
we are all so weird!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2007, 10:10 AM
I was in a nightclub a few weeks ago and someone had on a huge kangaroo suit, but even worse IT HAD 6" NAILS IN IT'S MOUTH AS TEETH FOR SOME WEIRD WEIRD REASON.

Needless to say, an embarrasing scene ensued resulting in me locked in the ladies!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2007, 10:16 AM
Originally Posted by random View Post
I was in a nightclub a few weeks ago and someone had on a huge kangaroo suit, but even worse IT HAD 6" NAILS IN IT'S MOUTH AS TEETH FOR SOME WEIRD WEIRD REASON.

Needless to say, an embarrasing scene ensued resulting in me locked in the ladies!
ok that one would freak anyone out!!!!
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2007, 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by random View Post
OH YAY THE RELIEF! I actually thought I was the only grown adult to have this phobia!
Nope, me too

I can go to a footy match, providing the mascot is miles away and doesn't come anywhere near me.

Welliphant is scary
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2007, 11:35 AM
WASPS

WOULD WIN THE LONDON MARATHON EASY WITH ONE AT THE BACK OF ME
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2007, 12:30 PM
Ummmmm.................

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

Nope... can't think of anything!!!

I don't like Hamsters.. not scared of them as such, just don't expect me to hold them.. the thought of them sinking their jaggy teeth into me just makes me want to feed them all to Lily

Of course there is the usual fear of family and friends becoming ill or dying (but I think everyone has that one)..

But I can't think of anything I am scared of.
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2007, 03:19 PM
storms

heights

crowds

needles

cows

How stupid it sounds when you write it down
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >