Our sister sites
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

14-09-2006, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by mutthouse View Post
I think as a woman i would rather one honest one than a plastic one
lol, ud never know :P

i jsut rememebr reading botu it, prevalent in dogs as owners fear the dogs will miss having them doiwn there.lol
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2006, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I check myself,but only cause i developed testicular cancer back in 2001/2002 at a relativly early age of 31. I ended up having one testicle removed,but im alive.
Well done for spotting it Steve and going to the docs.
Glad you are still with us.
Good friends OH was the same.

Okay, I'm phoning Drs tomorrow...
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

I've always found alive is good Steve good to have you with us XX

I thought the at risk group was from about 17 upwards i'm sure someone will search and correct me otherwise but i was under the impression is was a young man's disease which is why i explained to my sons (13) what they need to be looking for in a couple of years
It is very important for blokes to check themselves,but i must admit to never previously doing it before i was diagnosed and it was only the escruciating pain which alerted me that something wasnt quite right.Yes-its initially very embarassing having doctors poking around your privates and also when an attractive nurse has to change your dressing,but its either that or death!
mutthouse
Almost a Veteran
Female 

i think i might after - er - a good feel
mutthouse
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-09-2006, 08:42 PM
Aisla1 :smt038

Worth it though hey Steve, bet the cute nurse made the dressing change easier xx
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-09-2006, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by ceiron View Post
lol, ud never know :P
Like to put a bet on that Ceiron? I had one fitted when they removed my bad one,but i had an allergic reaction to it so it was removed after almost 2 months.They are nothing like the real thing-believe me.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-09-2006, 08:45 PM
Aisla1 :smt038

Worth it though hey Steve, bet the cute nurse made the dressing change easier xx
Nearly poked her eye out a few times i can tell ya...
mutthouse
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-09-2006, 08:47 PM
Aaaah bless ya xx She came back for more though xx
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2006, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Mine too Kimbles - I am just the same - I am more scared of the results than the test itself Last one I had was when Rhianna was a few months old and she is 5 1/2 now.
PLEASE, PLEASE go and get a test done. If they DO find anything, it can be dealt with quickly.

If I had waited another year, which was when my smear test was due, I would of been in a lot of trouble As it was, they found a grade 3 carcinoma a year early. I don't want to think about what it would of been if it had been left.

Just to stress the importance of regular smear tests, there was a woman in hospital with me when I had my hysterectomy. We sat chatting one day and she told me that she was diagnosed with cervical cancer a year previous and had just had her bladder removed because the cancer had spread, she had to pee out through her bowels She had been in and out of hospital for months having treatment. She had been in touch with the McMillan trust to get help from them. All of this was because she put off having her smear tests She admitted that if she had her tests regularly, they'd of been able to treat her a damn sight sooner.

This is not a horror story, or something that is going to force you into getting a test done. I don't know if this woman pulled through it all, but I hope she did.

If this womans story makes one of you lot have a test done, then it's been worth it. Please don't wait until there's something wrong, it could be too late then.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2006, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
It is very important for blokes to check themselves,but i must admit to never previously doing it before i was diagnosed and it was only the escruciating pain which alerted me that something wasnt quite right.Yes-its initially very embarassing having doctors poking around your privates and also when an attractive nurse has to change your dressing,but its either that or death!
Steve, I've just shown my OH this post and his comment was, 'If you think I'm gonna have some stranger groping my nuts, you can think again'

MEN!!!!!!!
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >