Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2011, 09:18 PM

Cuts on noses

Cooper has a rather large chunk missing from his nose, how long do nose wounds tend to take to heal, and does he need anything on it?
I tried a bit of sudacrem on it last night but it came off rather quickly, I haven't put anything on it since but it looks quite clean.
Is it likely it will scar? it's right on the very end of his nose.
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2011, 06:11 PM
My late border collie was attacked by another BC and had a small injury to his nose. I bathed it in salt water and it healed very quickly with no mark left. My staffie was attacked in the woods when she was much younger either by a bunny or a squirrel and came out with a bloody nose. It healed very quickly but has left a light coloured mark about the size of the head of a tin tack just as a reminder of how she was once attacked by a small furry animal - oh the shame

As long as the wound is only surface should be ok and heal very quickly and it is difficult to keep anything on it as they will instantly lick it off
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2011, 07:27 PM
Dingo cut his nose on a tin can not long after we'd brought him home from the rescue centre. Yeah I know, great start. Like mentioned before, we used cotton wool and salt water to bathe it. He's not got a scar and it didn't take long to heal.

Heidi