View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

17-04-2005, 11:21 AM
Hi Shadowboxer I will let you know what happens

Whats the difference between hyperthroidism and hypothroidism?

Barney does not have weight loss or increased appetite but he does have what seems an incredible thirst he drinks far more than any dog I have ever met and he does this also when he is stressed he will drink and drink until sometimes he throws it back up ( I did say to the vets when he was younger about that and they said some dogs do drink more than others) he will also be sick when stressed out - but he is also very restless and constantly on the go ( even when you think he is deeply asleep he will jump up at the slight noise ) - but its the aggressive thing that has me most worried because he will just snap and then attack quite badly - he hasn't done this to a human only to other animals - its like he dosen't know when to stop when it does happen - normally caused by food protection - although if he is eating I can put my face very close to his and he will back off .

Sorry for the long post.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-04-2005, 11:29 AM
Hi Emms one is over active (hyper) one is under active (hypo) thyroid gland,the same in humans my niece has hypo and thyroxine tabs daily .....o sorry did not realise SB was still here to answer
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

17-04-2005, 11:34 AM
thanks Minihaha
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-04-2005, 11:42 AM
Thanks Mini I'm going now - time for bed

Emm, if nothing else, the abnormal thirst would have me at the vet demanding a thorough check. The food guarding is not an unusual reaction. Just ensure that he is able to eat in peace without being worried that another dog/cat might try to steal it. Separate rooms, or your constant supervision at mealtimes to prevent any other animal approaching his food bowl is the best way to go.
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

17-04-2005, 11:45 AM
Thanks Shadowboxer and good night
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2