View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2007, 04:34 PM
thanks everyone, glad to know others get a bit frustrated too, I must admit you lot were a god send with the beau thing, It made me feel less guilty and you all convinced me it was in his best intrest, glad yet again im not alone on this one, phewwwww, thanks shona x
Pippin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-06-2007, 05:41 PM
I think your virtual hugs and support is just briliant, I have just lost my best friend MEG and the post and emails I got realy helped, it was lovely to know that there are people out there that care eaven if they dont know you and may never meet up..
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-06-2007, 08:41 PM
Shona you are right, it can be a touch frustrating that practical help is not usually possible, but if people have a problem and express it eloquently (As you did with Beau) then having the combined opinions of fellow doggy lovers must help in some way.
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2007, 08:52 PM
Bless you Shona! Just think how depressing life would be without the site, though.

Just keep offering your support, and all your Dogsey friends will feel the benefit.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2007, 09:10 PM
When I posted about megan {next door neighbours dog} dieing in my arms after having a heart anurisim {sp?} It helped olwen so much, she does not have kids, had never been able despite fertility treatment, megan was her child,

I printed it all out and she said when she felt low she would pick it up and read it and it comforted her so much knowing all those people cared, she was gob smacked at the kindness of people who never even talked to her on the tinter web as she puts it, \\[ not a computer person} being so kind and thoughtfull.

so guess all you lot reach further than just forum members on some occasions, well done ya all, olwen is the best neighbour you could have, she is in her mid 50's and looks after me so well, comes shopping does my ironing sometimes, brings in washing if im out, lets the dogs out for a wee if im working later than planned ie, xmas day and so on, she is a star.

I told her if she moves we move too, she says the security of having dougie and the dogs next door, in what can be a rough area is a god send, so everyone is happy,

I have a stone statue of a rotty its going to sit on the spot megan was burried to look out for her, funny the things that help eh,
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-06-2007, 09:26 PM
i find it hard when you know some one is going through hell and you cant help, you share the good times and the bad.
but it does help knowing others are rooting for things to improve.
i think thats a lovely thing to do shona, little things mean alot.
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2007, 09:37 PM
You have such a big heart Shona. If you could you would be flying to the ends of the earth to help someone out. But it seems to me that you are doing your bit here on the board.
When people have problems, they can't always relate to someone in person if you know what I mean. Sometimes it is easier to open up with the security of anonymity. Opening up can be hard in any situation, but on the board it is wonderful to feel the warmth of affection and empathy without the burden of personality clashes or history or judgement. At times we can be even closer to our frie3nds on the forum than to those around us, who know all about us.
So, I think Shona that you and all the others who give cyber hugs have a huge role to play in supporting others who are going through a tough time.
Thank you all so much for the warmth and affection you have shown me when I need it.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2007, 11:30 PM
I know how you feel Shona. It is frustrating when you can't physically be there to do more. Sometimes I feel that giving a cyber hug just isn't enough

The support that is shown on here is phenominal. It doesn't matter if you're bickering and squabbling on one thread, when the chips are down, people here will support you emotionally, which sometimes is more of a help than being there in person.

Many a time I have turned to Dogsey when things are getting to me. There are a few people on here that have helped me more than they know.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2