Our sister sites
Our sister sites
darasa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-07-2006, 08:11 PM

Natures Menu instead of JWB?

HI all
You may rememeber I posted about Poppy vomiting blood and the vet saying it was a gastric tear/bleed.. well I fed her on chicken and rice for about a week then reintroduced her James Well Beloved yesterday.small amounts mixed with a wet food (pedigree original), her supper was JWB on its own...she was sick again this morning.. but no blood.. so I think that maybe I should change her to a wet food for a while and got her Natures Menu.. any one have any experience with this food and nutrionally is it as good as JWB is supposed to be..the type face on the products is so small I can't read it even with my glasses on!

Thanks all
Rachel
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2006, 08:35 PM
If you mean Natures menu in the packets, then it is far superior than any dry food as it has no additives, no preservatives, no e numbers, no soya etc... Much better option.
Dawn.
darasa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-07-2006, 08:54 PM
Hi Dawn
Yes it is the one in the foil packets.. it looks very nice.. better than some human pie fillings I have seen
Thats great, thanks Dawn I will stick with it then!

Rachel
trikeschick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2006, 09:17 PM
Natures Menu is a fantastic wet food product - so is Natures Diet which comes in a plastic container but a bit more expensive. You can get a sample from their website - just type in Natures Diet into google and it comes up.
darasa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-07-2006, 10:16 PM
Thanks have Googled them and sent them an email req a sample!

Rachel
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2006, 02:13 PM
Agree with above or a home made diet
mummysboy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-08-2006, 05:08 PM
Hi, I feed Nature's Menu to my two boys, however I mix it with their dry. I couldn't afford to feed just the wet it would cost me a fortune (I have two large breeds)!! They're doing brilliantly on it. Good luck with your choice.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2006, 06:19 PM
One thing I would say is remember to give something to the dog to keep it's teeth clean, be it chews or cleaning the teeth manually, as I always think the lack of something to "munch" can lead to tartar building up.

Apart from that I'd go for it.
darasa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-08-2006, 08:44 PM
Thanks Ripsnorter I had entirely forgotten that her teeth will need more attention on the wet food.. out with the toothbrush then!

Rachel
Clob
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-08-2006, 07:55 AM
Does anyone know if natures menue is meat extract and bits and peices, same as dry, or is it supposed to be more wholesome parts, also what is the rest of it made up of?

I use dry (Iams) and I have had no problems at all with it but also its not natural to fed dry food constantly, so I am looking around with a remote possibilty to change.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >