Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2010, 09:34 AM

Radio Requests

Have you ever had a request played on the radio?
When I finished at college and went to do my nurses training I requested a record for all my college mates. They played "Bus Stop" by the Hollies. (It has just been played on the radio which reminded me )
Then on our 5th wedding anniversary I requested a record for my hubby. They played "I Never Promised You a Rose Garden" How apt was that!!!!
What are your stories?
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2010, 10:09 AM
I asked for Cliff Richards/Phil Everly "she Means Nothing To Me" and they said no lol!
Someone requested one of S clubs for me and that was played!
Becky
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2010, 12:04 PM
When I was 10 years old my brothers got a request on the radio for my birthday...but they chose 'fatty bum bum' (Carl Malcolm - anyone else remember that song?) so I was less than impressed .

Mind you the radio presenter thought it was a bit mean to and said I had her permission to give them a wallop
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2010, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
I asked for Cliff Richards/Phil Everly "she Means Nothing To Me" and they said no lol!
Someone requested one of S clubs for me and that was played!
Becky
Hahaha hard luck Becky. (Actually I liked S Club )

Originally Posted by Hali View Post
When I was 10 years old my brothers got a request on the radio for my birthday...but they chose 'fatty bum bum' (Carl Malcolm - anyone else remember that song?) so I was less than impressed .

Mind you the radio presenter thought it was a bit mean to and said I had her permission to give them a wallop
Oh I remember it, my son still sings it to his wife hahahaha