Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Buster & Bella
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-01-2005, 02:06 PM

My gorgeous little Buster

Hi every1

Just wanted to update you on Busty my lovely little sandy coloured staff.

He is now 9 weeks and has had his first injection and is due for his second on Friday and then he is free, i am so excited cant wait to walk him!

He's a little character and a half and is not doing to pad with his toilet training tho tends to loose it sometimes and looks at me so guilty when he is going where he shouldnt.

He sleeps all night and has outgrown his bed already so have got him a new one, he growning quite long and he is getting quite stocky to.

He is terrible for chewing and biting but has learnt that he cant play bite mummy as hard as daddy and if i make a certain noise he stops, bless him! tho i now need a new pair of slippers!

Just the only problem we have is his eating, I chaged him from soft food to Hills Scien Plan dry cus i want him to have the best and the first week he was quite happy with that but this week he hasnt been eating it straight away and i am not sure wether he is being lazy and cant be bothered to cruch it or wether his teeth r hurting? he used to guzzle it down before??? any ideas?? i have tried soaking it so its a bit softer for him but am afraid the goodneww of the stuff will go out with the water if u know what i mean?

no pics as yet but will work on that 1.

your adivce is much appreciated.

love the proud Buster's mum
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2005, 02:07 PM
ooh have you any pics of him?he sounds gorgeous!!
Buster & Bella
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-01-2005, 02:23 PM
no soz candice use the pc at work only
Buster & Bella
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-01-2005, 02:26 PM
sorry i meant candie

are u a staff owner?
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2005, 02:41 PM
yeah ive got candy 14 months and buds 11 months , so have my hands full, as well as my two labs poppy and daisy!!yep i am mad!!by the way i love the name buster it was the name of one of daisys pups!!
Buster & Bella
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-01-2005, 03:06 PM
i bet they are lovely.

me and my fella were thinking of names and buster just stuck in our heads tho i did want to call him levi or bailey!
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2005, 03:10 PM
u must be having so much fun with buster!

since he hasnt had his second jab, if i were u i would start teaching him heel work and recall in your garden?

I had the same problem with dried food when i first got my staffie, if hes having problems chewing it the only thing u can do is soak it in a bit of warm water to soften it.
Buster & Bella
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-01-2005, 03:14 PM
thanks Jenny

i am having loads of fun he is the best thing to happen to me in a while.

we are in a flat at the mo waiting to move to a house so no garden but he has learnt to sit straight away.

i think i will just add water because its good food and i want him to stay on it for at least 6 months and i dont want to start adding things like gravy cus he will just get 2 used to it.

i think he is just a fussy lil thing and would prefer to eat OUR dinner like last night when we had a chinese! he he
Buster & Bella
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-01-2005, 03:15 PM
oh yeah one thing, he eat it fine the first week thats what i cant work out why he wont eat it properly now, he wont eat it straight away but will later but it means his feeding timings have all gone out the window.
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2005, 03:20 PM
try to just leave his food down for 20 minutes and then pick it up and dont put it down again til the next meal time. He'll soon learn to eat when the food is down.
he's probably learnt he can eat when he wants or get away with eating ur food instead

Try and pick up a book called 'the perfect puppy' by Gwen Bailey, its always recommended by people on here and maybe invest urself in a staffordshire bull terrier book
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >