Dogsey Junior
Male 

14-06-2006, 09:35 PM
whoops further down
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-06-2006, 09:37 PM
which is 1 of the questions i asked some where in this thread which i had no reply.
the shock interfering with a dogs heart beat which in some dogs could miss beats if they where shocked.
plus other conditions that dogs can have which could be effected by the collar.
darasa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-06-2006, 09:38 PM
another question ... I have 6lb Chihuahua, could she be shocked to death by an E collar on a high setting?

Rachel
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-06-2006, 09:41 PM
if the pulse is set high enough and it interferes with the heat beat then my GUESS yes it could.
but i would also think it could happen to any dog if it was set high enough.
it would be like putting a de fib machine on some one who doesn't need it so it can do the opposite to the heart beat send the pattern irregular.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2006, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by leo
which is 1 of the questions i asked some where in this thread which i had no reply.
the shock interfering with a dogs heart beat which in some dogs could miss beats if they where shocked.
plus other conditions that dogs can have which could be effected by the collar.
Indeed - you all know of Loki's recent post-ictal, post-drug behaviour. Luckily for him I'm aware of the cause and that it is temporary - but what if I wasn't? What if I thought he was just being stroppy and challenging me and decided to resort to using these things to control him. That would be just awful and instead of understanding him and being patient but firm, he would be subjected to shocks instead.
My dog deserves better than that.
Clob
Dogsey Junior
Male 

14-06-2006, 09:48 PM
Wiziwig
Hum Clod, you have declined to answer me on this and so I thought I'd plunge in instead.

Clod
Good you got it back on topic and at least gave it a few paras to start it back - yes i mentioned extinction but as you know many people here are obssesed with not knowing anything about e-collars and wanted to talk for 16 pages about knowing nothing about e-collars - so i have been delayed somewhat in a discussion about not knowing anything, if you understand what I mean? yes? no?

well anyway I'll get back onto negative reinforcement-positive reinforcement tommorow, maybe late Im busy - i mentioned it on extinction
P1 Posted 11-06-2006, 12:21 PM
By the way, you will get very upset when this is gone into because what is usualy called 'positive training' has more punishments with almost no learning taking place than any training method ever thought up-
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-06-2006, 09:49 PM
but its not just that think of the damage it could have done,or made his health worse that what it was at that point.
this is it people could have a dog with a health problem and not know about it get a collar use it and it could turn into a nasty result.
its like b we didn't find out she had heart issues till she was 3 what if i used this on her as a pup for training etc she could have dropped down dead after the 1st shock if thats all it took with her heart.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2006, 09:51 PM
deleted as posts crossed
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2006, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by Clob
Wiziwig
Hum Clod, you have declined to answer me on this and so I thought I'd plunge in instead.

Clod
Good you got it back on topic and at least gave it a few paras to start it back - yes i mentioned extinction but as you know many people here are obssesed with not knowing anything about e-collars and wanted to talk for 16 pages about knowing nothing about e-collars - so i have been delayed somewhat in a discussion about not knowing anything, if you understand what I mean? yes? no?

well anyway I'll get back onto negative reinforcement-positive reinforcement tommorow, maybe late Im busy - i mentioned it on extinction
By the way, you will get very upset when this is gone into because what is usualy called 'positive training' has more punishments with almost no learning taking place than any training method ever thought up-
Oh there you are

I don't remember you mentioning extinction, perhaps it was in a part of your posts I didn't read. You did however only mention OC had 4 parts so that wasn't accurate Clod! It was misleading.

You still are avoiding answering.

As for me getting upset when this is gone into - oh purlease! If you want to discuss OC I am not going to die. Just please answer my question and dont make it too long, eh?

Also I'd still like to know what you think of your friend unclllou's ideas on food refusal, and whether you think they are cruel. I'd say being zapped and blasted is, myself.

I wonder where unclllou is anyway?
I am sure he will find some excuse or reason for his suggesting using high levels of shock on a dog for food refusal.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-06-2006, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by Clob
Wiziwig

Clod

OMG more links and more lectures and yet no damn answers, can hardly contain myself
Closed Thread
Page 18 of 30 « First < 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 > Last »