View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2007, 11:06 PM
I don't have kids, and I do feel sorry for the parents.....but I'm sorry...leaving your kids alone isn't right - even if you are checking on them (although we don't know how frequently).
I'm sure they were more than a 'few feet' away, otherwise i'm pretty sure they would have seen/heard something.

I asked my Mum what she thought (as obviously, she's got kids), and she said she has NEVER left us alone like that.
If they wanted to go for a meal on holiday, we would be strapped in our buggies next to them, or they would eat in the apartment, with us there.
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-05-2007, 11:10 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
I don't have kids, and I do feel sorry for the parents.....but I'm sorry...leaving your kids alone isn't right - even if you are checking on them (although we don't know how frequently).
I'm sure they were more than a 'few feet' away, otherwise i'm pretty sure they would have seen/heard something.

I asked my Mum what she thought (as obviously, she's got kids), and she said she has NEVER left us alone like that.
If they wanted to go for a meal on holiday, we would be strapped in our buggies next to them, or they would eat in the apartment, with us there.

Thats right Hevvur, no responsible parent would do such a thing and I wholeheartedly agree
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-05-2007, 11:12 PM
Originally Posted by Hewey View Post
Perhaps not having children might enable someone to view this a little more dispassionately, the actual level of risk, the element of hindsight etc rather than feeling it just as a gut reaction.:smt001
Twice in a few post we agree. It maybe true that having kids changes you, but the amount of time I spend with my neices and nephews, great neices and nephews and great great neices and nephews gives me an insight.
Hewey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-05-2007, 11:20 PM
I don't think it has anything to do with understanding children Stormey it is understanding the level of risk :smt001
Statistically a child is at much more risk from a partner that is not their biological parent than any stranger but how many people regard it as outrageous for a child to be left alone with such a partner. Parents evaluate risks and take chances ever day, some are more reasonable than others and the ones these parents took seems statistically extremely low assuming the rate of stranger abduction is a low there as in this country. They took a higher risk of injury to the child, I think, from dangerous objects in the room but as has been seen recently these things happen in the home with parents present.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-05-2007, 11:47 PM
I will say I may have come across and a bit nasty, If i offended anyone my apologies.

I just feel that while not have been the smartest thing to do, it is not the worst thing.
The kids were asleep, they were quite close by, they were checked on.
Hewey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-05-2007, 11:57 PM
That is just how I feel. These poor parents made a judgement that has turned out bad and their lives are devastated and the press and media look set to add to their pain. I just pray a miracle occurs and the little girl is returned unharmed.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2007, 06:43 AM
No news on the little girl this morning.
I hope there is a good outcome to all this.
I feel for the parents so much, I can't imagine what they are going through.

I think, no matter what anyone says on here, the parents will be saying worse to themselves. I just hope they get their daughter back and that the little girl is okay.

Just my two pence worth, I don't think we should be 'judging' anyone or standing on our soapboxes on either side of this discussion, our efforts would be better used sending poitive vibes to the family and little girl. The parents made a judgement call, they were on holiday and you do things then that you wouldn't necessarily do at home,on holiday you tend to feel 'safer' when surrounded by other holiday makers, but it is a false safety.
If you live over the road from a restaurant...or next door to one in this country, would you leave your kids in the house and pop next door for a meal? Unlikely...but when you are on holiday, as I said, you have a false sense of your sfety sometimes.

Positive vibes for a good outcome and for the little girl, who must be very frightened indeed.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2007, 07:08 AM
Only just caught this thread. My thoughts are with the parents, but most importantly, with the little girl. I hope she is safe, but........ it's a nasty world we live in
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-05-2007, 07:21 AM
My heart goes out to the parents -I don't think anyone should be judging them ,its easy to take the moral high ground after the event ..whatever the outcome they are going to have to live with that decision for the rest of their lives and I'm sure there will be plenty of people who will feel its their 'duty' to tell them how bad they were

My thoughts are with Maddie ..I hope shes safe and well and soon reunited with her family
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2007, 08:52 AM
still no news..............its looking grim isn't it
Page 7 of 18 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 > Last »