Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2007, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
I am just sickend at the holier than thou attitude of some people on here that are so perfect they feel they can slag people off who are going through something than most of us will never will
i dont think i have a holier than thou attitude to it - what i am saying is that as far as i am concerned as a parent - I WOULD NEVER leave my child locked in a room by themselves whilst I left the building - end of. Thats my choice as a parent - i dont see why they couldnt have got a babysitter ? Its a family complex.

As someone else pointed out would i leave my kid in its bed whilst i had a barbq in my garden - yes i would but i would have the front door locked and a monitor on and with me so that i could check them - thats completely different from being on holiday and leaving them in a apartment by themselves.

yes its hard being a parent but its not an excuse.

I do feel for the parents I just feel that its not a sensible thing to do and people shouldnt be saying that its acceptable when its not - its not to say that its not sad because it is - and i am not saying that the parents deserve it but i do think it makes you wonder why they would leave them like that ?
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-05-2007, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by Nicci_L View Post
Oh but is it?

If I decided to leave my kids locked in the house while I went out to do something, I'd expect social services to come knocking
You would really expect social services to call because you left your kids for five minutes?

Can you explain something to me.

Leaving a child in the house and leaving a child in a room a few metres away are not the same thing. Yet leaving a child in a room a few metres away and leaving one on their own for 2 weeks while you are 1000 milles away is. It just does not add up to me.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-05-2007, 10:33 PM
[QUOTE=cc22peatree;1000575]
So, your kids are in bed and you have to go next door for something,

who in there right mind would do that, as I no I wouldnt
I am in the wrong mind then. My neice is staying at my house, she is asleep and the power went, my tourch was flat so i went next door to lend theirs as I could not see the fuse box.

Are you saying you have never left or never will leave your child for a minute?
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-05-2007, 10:36 PM
You would really expect social services to call because you left your kids for five minutes?

Can you explain something to me.

Leaving a child in the house and leaving a child in a room a few metres away are not the same thing. Yet leaving a child in a room a few metres away and leaving one on their own for 2 weeks while you are 1000 milles away is. It just does not add up to me.

But they were not left for 5 minutes were they? Different reports are saying different things, 15 mins, 30 mins - in all honesty yes IF I left my children for as long as those reports state I would expect social services to come knocking ESPECIALLY if my children were left locked alone in a room by themselves, for goodness sake anything could happen.
All I was trying to point out is that those that do these things are no different to parents that leave their kids home alone.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-05-2007, 10:37 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
i dont think i have a holier than thou attitude to it - what i am saying is that as far as i am concerned as a parent - I WOULD NEVER leave my child locked in a room by themselves whilst I left the building - end of. Thats my choice as a parent - i dont see why they couldnt have got a babysitter ? Its a family complex.

As someone else pointed out would i leave my kid in its bed whilst i had a barbq in my garden - yes i would but i would have the front door locked and a monitor on and with me so that i could check them - thats completely different from being on holiday and leaving them in a apartment by themselves.
I must admit I wondered why they did not get a babysitter, but like i said no one knows the full story yet.
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2007, 10:37 PM
[QUOTE=Stormey;1000580]
Originally Posted by cc22peatree View Post

I am in the wrong mind then. My neice is staying at my house, she is asleep and the power went, my tourch was flat so i went next door to lend theirs as I could not see the fuse box.

Are you saying you have never left or never will leave your child for a minute?
The day you have kids phil you will no the answer to that

I dont see how that is the same as locking your child in a room why you go for a meal elsewhere
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-05-2007, 10:41 PM
But they were not left for 5 minutes were they? Different reports are saying different things, 15 mins, 30 mins - in all honesty yes IF I left my children for as long as those reports state I would expect social services to come knocking ESPECIALLY if my children were left locked alone in a room by themselves, for goodness sake anything could happen.
All I was trying to point out is that those that do these things are no different to parents that leave their kids home alone.
But an accident can happen in a split second, These kids were asleep, the parents will know how long they sleep so probably assumed it was safe. The point I ment is I can fathom how you can say two things with so little difference in distance and time are different but two things with huge time and distance are the same. Seems a bit back to front
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-05-2007, 10:46 PM
[QUOTE=cc22peatree;1000584]

The day you have kids phil you will no the answer to that

I dont see how that is the same as locking your child in a room why you go for a meal elsewhere
Oh the old you dont have kids excuse, I dont have kids but do have a lot of expeirience, more than a lot of parents in fact. This due to having more neices, nephews than I can remember most of which spend more time with me and there nanna than at home. While it may not be the same thing It puts me in a better postion than a lot of people, I also know while its not advised to leave them unattended its impossible to be with them 24/7.
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-05-2007, 10:47 PM
But an accident can happen in a split second, These kids were asleep, the parents will know how long they sleep so probably assumed it was safe. The point I ment is I can fathom how you can say two things with so little difference in distance and time are different but two things with huge time and distance are the same. Seems a bit back to front
May do to you, but not to me.

Don't matter whether they were 5 yards away or 5000 miles away to be honest to me, I sweat blood and tears to give life to my children, I wouldn't ever leave them in a situation where they were possibly at risk to themselves or someone else - I'm sorry if you don't understand that. And I certainly without a doubt would never ever leave them locked in a room with just themselves for company I wouldn't do it to a dog, never mind a defenceless child.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2007, 10:49 PM
May do to you, but not to me.

Don't matter whether they were 5 yards away or 5000 miles away to be honest to me, I sweat blood and tears to give life to my children, I wouldn't ever leave them in a situation where they were possibly at risk to themselves or someone else - I'm sorry if you don't understand that. And I certainly without a doubt would never ever leave them locked in a room with just themselves for company I wouldn't do it to a dog, never mind a defenceless child.
But isn't it true that everything we do is a risk?
Even crossing a road,is a risk.
Page 5 of 18 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »