Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-05-2007, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
The difficulty I'm having is that nigh on everyone here agreed that Ellie's grandmother should be done for manslaughter as she was irresponsible in allowing the dog into the house yet parents who leave 3 children under the age of 3 alone in an apartment while they went for a meal aren't irresponsible?
I don't see the difference.
Becky
The difference is that she allowed a dog who was known to be aggresive in the same place as a child, the parents of maddie did not leave her on her own knowing she was going to be taken or walk off, they thought she would be ok in a place they knew and if they checked often, I dont think you can compare these cases as they are entirely different.
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2007, 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
The difficulty I'm having is that nigh on everyone here agreed that Ellie's grandmother should be done for manslaughter as she was irresponsible in allowing the dog into the house yet parents who leave 3 children under the age of 3 alone in an apartment while they went for a meal aren't irresponsible?
I don't see the difference.
Becky
And I have to agree with Becky, Im sorry, but leaving children in the house while you in the garden is not the same thing what so ever, these people went for a meal while there children were asleep in an appartment
although I do feel for the family involved it is just dam right common sense not to do this, that does not mean I am being insenstiive, just honest, and I would never leave my kids unattended
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-05-2007, 09:59 PM
I'm sorry but it does not matter whether it was 15 seconds or 15 minutes, they purposely left their children alone locked in a room while they went to do something else. Never mind the fact that one of them has gone missing, but say for instance one of them woke up and hurt themselves or each other? No one is a perfect parent but the simple fact is they 'intentionally' left their children alone it's the same as those that choose to leave their kids home alone and go away on holiday - it's no different.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-05-2007, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by Nicci_L View Post
I'm sorry but it does not matter whether it was 15 seconds or 15 minutes, they purposely left their children alone locked in a room while they went to do something else. Never mind the fact that one of them has gone missing, but say for instance one of them woke up and hurt themselves or each other? No one is a perfect parent but the simple fact is they 'intentionally' left their children alone it's the same as those that choose to leave their kids home alone and go away on holiday - it's no different.
Thats the point, they purposely left their kids, so have you ever left yours or are they with you every second of every day untill they leave home. I am just sickend at the holier than thou attitude of some people on here that are so perfect they feel they can slag people off who are going through something than most of us will never will
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-05-2007, 10:15 PM
But that is the whole point - they purposely did!! It's just asking for trouble in my opinion.

I'm not a perfect parent, far from it - but I would NEVER leave my children locked in a room while I went to do something else.
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2007, 10:19 PM
But that is the whole point - they purposely did!! It's just asking for trouble in my opinion.

I'm not a perfect parent, far from it - but I would NEVER leave my children locked in a room while I went to do something else.
Or somewhere else for that matter
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2007, 10:23 PM
I will not judge,I know how hard it is to bring up children especially when you have no one else to help out,neither mine nor hubby's parents have ever helped us out with baby sitting.

i will admit to leaving mine with Luke,our eldest who is 15 only though for the last 6 months so we can have an evening out.

Tom came everywhere with me as a baby,because no one else could feed him due to his cleft,at times it really got me down.
I can not begin to imagine how these parents feel or are coping right now.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-05-2007, 10:23 PM

So, your kids are in bed and you have to go next door for something, while you are out one of them get out of bed, falls and bangs their head, does that make you a bad parent? No, Its the same thing, whether you live them alone 10feet away or 20meters things can happen. The point I am making is they probably thought they would be safe as they knew the complex, knew the people, sadly it wasnt and is something has happend they will live with it.

If you feel the need to slag them off for a mistake, feel free.

As for saying they are the same as parents who leave the kids for 2 weeks while they go abroad, one word laughable.
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-05-2007, 10:25 PM
Oh but is it?

If I decided to leave my kids locked in the house while I went out to do something, I'd expect social services to come knocking
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2007, 10:27 PM
[QUOTE=Stormey;1000571]So, your kids are in bed and you have to go next door for something,

who in there right mind would do that, as I no I wouldnt
Page 4 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »