Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2007, 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
It must be an awful situation to be in but they did leave her and her twin brothers asleep in the apartment then went out for a meal, al be it close by but if they did that in this country they'd be done for abandonment or something.
The resort they were in had a facility for baby sitting and they chose not to take it.
Hope she is found alive and well.
Becky

I think being so judgmental at a time like this is completely wrong. From the news report I heard, they were eating "40 paces" from the apartment where their chidren slept, and they were checking on them every half hour or so.

How many parents can say that they have never, ever let their children out of their sight.

This story is heartbreaking, and I really hope that Madeleine is found safe and well really soon. Her parents must be going through hell.
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2007, 03:40 PM
Hope she is found safe and soon. Can't imagine what the parents are going through. She looks such a beautiful wee girl. How do you live through that? Please God she will be found safe.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2007, 03:44 PM
Having been on a Mark warner holiday the villages are normally self contained complexes with gates in and out. the restaurants are within the complex scattered near the various apartments. it would be like sitting on your patio with the kids inside in bed. We did the same last year, ate outside our apartment on a restaurant terrace adjacent to our accomodation. not all of the villages are set up like that so not entirely sure about the Portugal one.

Just trying to show that it may not have been so irresponsible as the press are making it sound. We don`t know all the facts.

I`m really hoping that she is found sooner rather than later and safe and sound.

Editing to add that having been on the mark warner site portugal is not the same set up and has aprtments within a normal village.It is not a self contained village and therefore not as i stated above.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2007, 03:47 PM
The report I saw said it was 200yds away! Not quite 40 paces. However, they are going to have to live with this for the rest of their lives whatever the outcome. If it were me then I wouldn't have done it.
Becky
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2007, 03:49 PM
The report I saw said it was 200yds away! Not quite 40 paces. However, they are going to have to live with this for the rest of their lives whatever the outcome. If it were me then I wouldn't have done it.
Becky
I am going to do something completely out of character here, and bite my tongue!
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-05-2007, 03:50 PM
Becky
It depends on what news service you watch, some said a shutter had been forced, others didnt. some said they checked every hour, others 15 mins. I also heard they the room could be seen from where they were eating, while others said not.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2007, 03:55 PM
I'll put it another way. I would never ever leave a child in my care, whether mine or someone elses alone in an apartment while I went out.
Becky
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2007, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I am going to do something completely out of character here, and bite my tongue!
me to not often i refrain from saying my peace but on this one i might have to ......

easy to say what we would or would not do .....
I think those of us who are parents know what i mean
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2007, 04:03 PM
I to fera the worst inca its a very scary thought the parents must be in turmoil these are for you little maddie until your safe return i would never dream of leaving a child alone in a hotel no matter how far away or how short a distance away ,i think itl be one decision her parents will live to regret and the hotel staff are also at fault they are employed to care for these children . i to am going to bite my tongue on this one as i could become very upset over it all i think its a disgrace that poor little child
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2007, 04:04 PM
I'll put it another way. I would never ever leave a child in my care, whether mine or someone elses alone in an apartment while I went out.
Becky
i'm sure thats a great comfort to the family becky
Page 2 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »